Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted or powder coated the brakes a different color. On the Challenger & Charger they have an option for different colored brakes. I'm not to keen on the yellow brake calipers.

I have a white trackhawk with black wheels. I was thinking about changing the calipers to black and taking all the emblems off. I want to be under the radar as much as possible.

·
Banned
362 Posts
There has been a few threads on repainting calipers early this year. (either on this forum or the other TH forum) Very few folks seemed to like the yellow calipers when they first came out (me included) but after a while they seem to grow on you. Check out UTube "painting calipers"... I've seen several videos there on "how to" paint them correctly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There has been a few threads on repainting calipers early this year. (either on this forum or the other TH forum) Very few folks seemed to like the yellow calipers when they first came out (me included) but after a while they seem to grow on you. Check out UTube "painting calipers"... I've seen several videos there on "how to" paint them correctly.
I'm in this group. At first I hated the yellow calipers (I had a 2016 SRT and was used to the red). After having the TH for a few months, I have grown to like them. I even opted for the gloss yellow Bwoody alignment parts and CAI to go with the theme.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I finally got around to getting my calipers redone. They are powder coated Inferno Orange and go nicely with my underhood theme. I hate looking like the other 2 silver THs where I live.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
293 Posts
I like the yellow so much I powder coated the 300 calipers in yellow.

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Reactions: Skltr

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
109 Posts
I finally got around to getting my calipers redone. They are powder coated Inferno Orange and go nicely with my underhood theme. I hate looking like the other 2 silver THs where I live. View attachment 11284
Did you rebuild the calipers yourself or did you have somebody do it? Trying to get the seals together that I need. Looks great.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had Caliper Clinic do them. They will strip them down, apply powder or paint to your choosing and totally rebuild them for you. Steve, the owner is also great to deal with.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It was around $550 shipped. I spent alittle more since bought used calipers to start with, so I could save my Yellow ones to go back to stock if I wanted. I also upgraded the caliper bolts and added stainless steel brake lines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts