Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

"Budget Trackhawk" Faster than the Real Thing?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RedTail 
#1 ·
Again, we've seen people shoehorn Hellcat engines and what not into their vehicles, but a certain someone put one in a Grand Cherokee SRT8. The kicker is they also maintained the AWD system and with the times it's putting down on the quarter, it's deemed the "HellHawk"

The Trackhawk is said to make it down the 1320 in 11.6 seconds.

This HellHawk over here can do it in 10.8 @ 128mph

Obviously, it is a big possibility that this Hellcat engine has been modified in this Jeep here, but needless to say, it's still extremely impressive.

Big question of the thread, would you be willing to modify an older Jeep such as the one we see here (which probably costs less to build than buying an actual Trackhawk) or would you rather just have a Trackhawk built the way it should be from the factory?

#2 ·
I presume it's modified indeed but nonetheless, as cool as that is, I much rather the new body style and would want it to be factory assembled. You'll be paying the extra money for the warranty and peace of mind that it's all built properly the way it should be.

Nonetheless, amazing build and performance.

#3 ·
Not willing to go that route since it takes a lot of time and money to finally get things to be reliable. Even then once its all working you still need to be way more hands-on than someone just buying a Trackhawk. I'm here because I want high performance with the least worries.

#4 ·
Pretty much seems like the reasons we've stated are really the only things to look at as to why people would be way more inclined to go Trackhawk route opposed to building something to be like the Trackhawk.

Me personally, I don't really care for the lack of luxuries that the older Jeep wouldn't have, it's more for the peace of mind.

#5 ·
Most people looking for performance don't care for luxuries that much anyways, unless they're buying high end exotic cars which in that case is understandable. Hence why people buy E63 AMG's, RS7's, the list goes on.

Who knows, maybe these budget Trackhawks will prove to be more popular than the official Trackhawk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.