Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for input on guys who have been using bwoody suspension parts, toe links, tow bar, adjustable control arms, wondering how they changed the suspension feel, handling, and any increased vibrations. thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I myself was going to start a thread about it but in any case hear goes what I have experienced on the install, driving report to follow as I just finished the install a few hrs ago. I bought the sway bar links, upgraded tow arms and the front and rear differential braces. The the diff braces were a straight forward easy install except in the instructions they don’t give you torque numbers so it’s up to you to research and get them, the braces do help with diminishing wheel hop. The bwoody tow arms use 12mm bolts, same as stock, but the sleeve they use that goes through the bushings is 1/2” id (13mm) so there is some slop that I didn’t like, stock is 12mm all around for a nice tight fit so I had to fab new sleeves to the stock specs to get a better tight fit. The front sway bar links I had to space/fit with a thick washer between the link and the frame because it wouldn’t fit flush to the sway bar, the angle they have on their sway bar link could use a couple more degrees, after I spaced it holes and bolts lined up well. The rear sway bar links are a bit longer than stock so the holes wouldn’t line up, I didn’t like that so I’ll call bwoody Tuesday to see if that’s the way they are, they are longer by a bit more than 3/16” so I had to push up on the sway bar to get the holes to line up and like the fronts the angle they have in their build is of by a few degrees so the fit isn’t flush, spacing didn’t help as much as the fronts did so the bushings aren’t totally flush. I’ll run her hard this long week to get a good driving impression and report back on any pros or cons that show up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input, Im deff going to get those braces. keep us posted.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put those swaybars on my SRT but i felt they made the rear a bit more unstable on bumpy roads. If you drive with one rear wheel in a pothole you really feel the tail wiggles more than it already does from stock. So i don’t intend to do swaybars on my TH

·
Registered
263 Posts
The polyurethane bushings (2) on the bwoody sway bar links are softer than the bushing (1) on the stock links, if bwoody would use Delrin bushings and get the angle right then they might be worth while, in the mean time I’ll engineer my own. It’s hard to out engineer the factory.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you put on the adjustable control arms? im looking at doing those and the diff braces at this point.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am interested in the Bwoody rear brace.

It looks like a functional piece but after checking a few sites, some say there is some reduction in wheel hop and others, not at all. As far as the endlinks go, I'll pass. I've used their stuff on my other SRT vehicles in the past and while it is good quality, I have found little if any difference in the handling with the links. If anything, they were more maintenance with the bushings after several years.

Might wait this one out a bit until a few more users have reviewed the rear brace.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I put the kit in including the braces, but I had a shop do the work. This was done at the same time I lowered it with eibach springs and I also changed tires to Continental x06 since my summer P's wore out at 15k. I bought the hybrid bushings which I think are combined delrin and polyu. I think they TH is now a bit tighter in handling but a bit stiffer on bumps. I read about guys getting 3.1 to 60, I never was able to get below 3.8 in the warm weather of South Florida. My first run after these changes gave me a 3.6 0-60. Can't really say which parts if not all made this difference, but before I made the mods, 3.8 was the best I could get in many tries. Hope this helps.
Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.