Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure there are some cali customers who have done builds already. Im wondering either from the tuners or the customers about the shops you used, and if the 91 octane was able to hold any timing with 10 % OD and a 2.85 upper. as of now I'm thinking about the livernois 1025 for the flex fuel capacity.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Im sure there are some cali customers who have done builds already. Im wondering either from the tuners or the customers about the shops you used, and if the 91 octane was able to hold any timing with 10 % OD and a 2.85 upper. as of now I'm thinking about the livernois 1025 for the flex fuel capacity.
Ill be right behind you. I still need wheels and rotors before I jump to motor. I also will be looking for a tuner. I have one of the best LS tuners around but zero ford guys anywhere near me and the jeep I will have to hunt for one. hopefully not as bad as ford.
i will prob jump straight to a Magnuson Supercharger. this way I can sell my stock unit to someone else and try to recoupe some cash. I know Whipple will prob make more power but I have had bad dealings with them tuning so I boycott the whole **** place.

please post up what you find and what you run. I have heard of Accelerated of something close to that. they are in Socal and are building fast hellcats and Demons but I have zero experience with them. I have not seen them say anything about a TrackHawk yet.

341 Posts
You California guys have it made when it comes to climate but when it comes to octane and gas it sure is not the great state to be in.

With the 91 octane gas you are limited to a 3.05 pulley and the INW overdrive balancer. It will not live for long with a 2.85 upper and lower pulley combination on 91 octane gas.

Different solutions for our customers. I have had customers buy a second pulley that is set up for the S1025 package that way they have both the 3.05 pulley along with the 2.85 so when they want to go racing at the track they swap out the 2.85 pulley after they have run a couple tanks of E85 through it and then they go racing lay down the number they want then return home and swap out the pulley back to the 3.05 then you can run the 91 octane.

Or the other option is just to keep the 3.05 pulley on it all the time and you can run E85 or 91 or any combination as the TrackHawk has the ability to run flex fuel and self learns to put it in the correct mapping based on the amount of ethanol being burned.

Hope this helps
Sincerely
Scott

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
You California guys have it made when it comes to climate but when it comes to octane and gas it sure is not the great state to be in.

With the 91 octane gas you are limited to a 3.05 pulley and the INW overdrive balancer. It will not live for long with a 2.85 upper and lower pulley combination on 91 octane gas.

Different solutions for our customers. I have had customers buy a second pulley that is set up for the S1025 package that way they have both the 3.05 pulley along with the 2.85 so when they want to go racing at the track they swap out the 2.85 pulley after they have run a couple tanks of E85 through it and then they go racing lay down the number they want then return home and swap out the pulley back to the 3.05 then you can run the 91 octane.

Or the other option is just to keep the 3.05 pulley on it all the time and you can run E85 or 91 or any combination as the TrackHawk has the ability to run flex fuel and self learns to put it in the correct mapping based on the amount of ethanol being burned.

Hope this helps
Sincerely
Scott
Yup E50 (mix of 91 and E85) is what most guys are doing here. well with LS motors at least.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why would they run more expensive, inconvenient and lower octane e50 mix when you have access to e85? I don't get that at all, do you know why they do?

e50 mix $3.13 gall ----octane 98

e85 $2.65 gall---octane 104

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
why would they run more expensive, inconvenient and lower octane e50 mix when you have access to e85? I don't get that at all, do you know why they do?

e50 mix $3.13 gall ----octane 98

e85 $2.65 gall---octane 104
when you take e85 and mix it with 91 you end up with E50 or E70 I forget. So some people just say E50 instead of saying I mix 91 with E85
I have not even seen a E50 or anything other then e85 where I live. I have no idea why it cost more either I dont even look at gas prices to tell ya the truth. no I am not rich I just dont care I need it so i get it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a s1025 kit, and will be relocating to South Bay, CA soon from Iowa. I would like to keep my 2.85 pulley and just run e85 daily. Will this introduce unmanageable risk and/or additional wear and tear on the rig? I am most interested in responses from Livernois and individuals running this kit in Cali.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
I have a s1025 kit, and will be relocating to South Bay, CA soon from Iowa. I would like to keep my 2.85 pulley and just run e85 daily. Will this introduce unmanageable risk and/or additional wear and tear on the rig? I am most interested in responses from Livernois and individuals running this kit in Cali.
E85 is around most places in south bay (san jose area) but you are taking a chance getting stuck with the wrong gas. You have a flex tune I assume so if you drive it like a grandma you will be ok with wrong gas to make it somewhere. you just have to plan a lil more but should be fine. I have a gas app called gas buddy it tells me where all the E 85 stations are. Id def get something like that and just plan your trips.
My buddy runs same pulley hes fine. he also has 55 gallon drums of E85 at his shop. Me personally I am to lazy to think about how many miles I need to go before gas I run the 3.05 and hate running E85 for the simple fact it burns way to fast and I have to goto the station to many times. So for me its a convenient thing to use the bigger pulley if you dont care you will be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
E85 is around most places in south bay (san jose area) but you are taking a chance getting stuck with the wrong gas. You have a flex tune I assume so if you drive it like a grandma you will be ok with wrong gas to make it somewhere. you just have to plan a lil more but should be fine. I have a gas app called gas buddy it tells me where all the E 85 stations are. Id def get something like that and just plan your trips.
My buddy runs same pulley hes fine. he also has 55 gallon drums of E85 at his shop. Me personally I am to lazy to think about how many miles I need to go before gas I run the 3.05 and hate running E85 for the simple fact it burns way to fast and I have to goto the station to many times. So for me its a convenient thing to use the bigger pulley if you dont care you will be fine.
@ROCKETW19 - I do have a flex fuel tune from Livernois, and I have already purchased a 5 gallon gas can that can bridge the gap when I'm venturing away from familiar areas known to have quality E85. I appreciate your reply, and it sound like we are on the same page. I am primarily interested in learning if there are adverse affects to running back-2-back tanks of E85. I believe "driving like a grandma" with this pulley should be sufficient if I had to run 91 temporarily. However, if people have other thoughts, I would like to hear them.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
@ROCKETW19 - I do have a flex fuel tune from Livernois, and I have already purchased a 5 gallon gas can that can bridge the gap when I'm venturing away from familiar areas known to have quality E85. I appreciate your reply, and it sound like we are on the same page. I am primarily interested in learning if there are adverse affects to running back-2-back tanks of E85. I believe "driving like a grandma" with this pulley should be sufficient if I had to run 91 temporarily. However, if people have other thoughts, I would like to hear them.
I would def add the additive like lucas if running e85 all the time. I assume you have ID injectors also? if so good they have a coating on them that resist corrosion. e85 has high moisture content. the lucas additive I forget the name but it help that.
Id change oil a bit sooner also if only running e85.(moisture content again)
that was just recommended to me by my builder. he has a few race cars that where in the 2 year old range and moisture did damage to both cars that run e85 all the time. we didnt get to much into it but Id bet because they sit a lot and didnt use the additive. he strongly recommended me to use it and change oil sooner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would def add the additive like lucas if running e85 all the time. I assume you have ID injectors also? if so good they have a coating on them that resist corrosion. e85 has high moisture content. the lucas additive I forget the name but it help that.
Id change oil a bit sooner also if only running e85.(moisture content again)
that was just recommended to me by my builder. he has a few race cars that where in the 2 year old range and moisture did damage to both cars that run e85 all the time. we didnt get to much into it but Id bet because they sit a lot and didnt use the additive. he strongly recommended me to use it and change oil sooner.
@ROCKETW19 - This is quite helpful, and yes I have 1300cc ID injectors. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts