Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Calling all Audiophiles

Anyone run testing with pink noise or other quality tracks to get the best sound out of the high end audio? Looking for someone who has done this and has the settings.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
Dude, I looked up the definition of OCD and it’s u. I’m just kidding, glad to know I’m not the only one.

On a somewhat helpful note, there are issues with modifying the stock sound due to the active noise cancellation but I think there’s a work around.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, I looked up the definition of OCD and it’s u. I’m just kidding, glad to know I’m not the only one.

On a somewhat helpful note, there are issues with modifying the stock sound due to the active noise cancellation but I think there’s a work around.
Hahaha.... Good one, but yeah I'm a bit OCD. I used to compete in IASCA and USAC back in the day, so I like good quality sound. LOL

I'm picking up my TH Saturday and haven't been able to see what all is within the settings on the high end system yet, but wanted to get this thread out there to see if anyone has gotten things tweaked in for best sound. I'm sure things aren't optimal from the factory settings. Are there EQ settings and things within the system?

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
If you’re an audiophile, then it’s tough to achieve perfection and you know this. The HK system is pretty good as a stock option as long as you don’t desire the deep bass and crisp high end. I used to redo every stereo I owned but in the end the cost/effort of it made me just get the “good” factory option.

My best advice I can give is just live with the vehicle stock for a few months and then weigh your choices v cost. Same goes for modifying. I know how I get when I’m waiting for something that I ordered to be delivered n I get all amped up n start modifying before I’ve even given it a chance.

I’ve had mine since March 18 and am just now modifying (after extensive pressure from Rocket). Going with livernois S1025 plus interchiller n SC spacers and legmaker intake.
Cheers

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you’re an audiophile, then it’s tough to achieve perfection and you know this. The HK system is pretty good as a stock option as long as you don’t desire the deep bass and crisp high end. I used to redo every stereo I owned but in the end the cost/effort of it made me just get the “good” factory option.

My best advice I can give is just live with the vehicle stock for a few months and then weigh your choices v cost. Same goes for modifying. I know how I get when I’m waiting for something that I ordered to be delivered n I get all amped up n start modifying before I’ve even given it a chance.

I’ve had mine since March 18 and am just now modifying (after extensive pressure from Rocket). Going with livernois S1025 plus interchiller n SC spacers and legmaker intake.
Cheers
This is all good advice. I wasn't happy with the HK stereo and can't believe it wasn't the stock stereo on this vehicle. I ended up going with the JL Audio Stealth sub and amp. It gets the bass back to where I like but not enough crisp high sounds and not enough volume with the HK system for my taste either. I think I'll live with it before I keep dumping money in the sound system. To many other mods need attention too. LOL

Reactions: Spoolin

·
Registered
130 Posts
lol the high end audio system is anything but. If you are truly an audiophile, you will want to make some improvements to the system. some sort of processor is a must as is improved sub

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol the high end audio system is anything but. If you are truly an audiophile, you will want to make some improvements to the system. some sort of processor is a must as is improved sub
I'm going to assume the ERL system in my wifes MDX is probably better then. I am actually really impressed with it, but kind of sad to hear about the TH $2k high end system being lacking. I'll give it a chance when I pick the TH up Saturday, but knowing myself, it'll get upgraded very soon. LOL

Thanks a lot for the input guys.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Are there EQ settings and things within the system?
No, not really. They call it an EQ but its just the standard Bass / Mid / Treble.

I like a lot of bass and one major issue with the HK system is if you move the bass up to midway or above it makes the overall sound very muddy with too much bass going to the mid drivers.

If you crank the bass setting down quite a bit I find the system sounds really good for a stock system. Nothing like aftermarket systems but still the best factory system I have heard.

I eventually planned to add the stealthbox and separate amp which would allow me to increase the bass output from the sub and lower it for the rest of / overall system.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, not really. They call it an EQ but its just the standard Bass / Mid / Treble.

I like a lot of bass and one major issue with the HK system is if you move the bass up to midway or above it makes the overall sound very muddy with too much bass going to the mid drivers.

If you crank the bass setting down quite a bit I find the system sounds really good for a stock system. Nothing like aftermarket systems but still the best factory system I have heard.

I eventually planned to add the stealthbox and separate amp which would allow me to increase the bass output from the sub and lower it for the rest of / overall system.

Good to know, thanks.

So there isn't a dedicated sub volume control? That is what is needed to keep from putting too much bass through the mids and if it doesn't have that, that is a major screw up on Chryslers part.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
It only has one amp, with no adjustments or controls on it, all is controlled via CanBus / headunit.

iDatalink and PAC (maybe others?) make various integration harnesses that allow you to add your own DSP / amplifiers but once you go down that path its probably best to just go a few steps more and replace the speakers, or at least the factory sub anyway.

Reactions: Spoolin
1 - 12 of 12 Posts