Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys wondering if I can run 305/40r22’s on stock height. I see most guys run 305/35 r22’s. I’d like to keep as much side wall as possible so I’d prefer the 40 aspect ratio. Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
How much will your speedo be off? There is a calculator online that breaks down what the actual speed is from having one tire size to the next. It might help you make your decision. If you have a diablo hand tuner you would be able to adjust your tire parameters so the speed shows to be true.

Original Tire Size
295/45/20

New Tire Size
305/40/22

Speedometer Reading

Calculate

Actual Speed

·
Registered
582 Posts
Up to 3/4” taller should not be a problem, my snow tires are just about that height, there is an ever so slight rub at full wheel lock. I’m on eibach springs as well.
My question would be, is there a wide range of tire choices at that size? I seem to recall that being the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
You don’t have a wide range of choices now. Not with the load and speed ratings required. I thought 21” was weird at first too but then I looked at our choices in 20” and 22”. I’m still on stock wheels but I think a 21” wheel would give you enough sidewall still but look sleeker than the 20”. Just my thoughts though

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just from listening to the 22” guys talk, choice of tires in our specs is thin outside the “norm”.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info scottiekay! There isn’t a ton of options but there’s definitely a few in 305 35 or 40 r22’s.

I heard the 40 aspect ratio on 22’s rub slightly on stock height while wheel is fully cranked. Just trying to find someone that has this set up to see if it’s a livable issue. I wouldn’t mind if it was minor and avoidable if I just didn’t turn too hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would just like to keep as much sidewall as possible since I’m going to 22’s. Little more flex to hook up.

·
Registered
582 Posts
305/40/22 is 31.6” tall, the exact height of the 295/50/20 snow tire I run, which rubs on full lock.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Since there seems to be tire knowledge here, is there an 18-inch wheel that fits?
I really would like as much sidewall as possible.

Oh, and if I already had my Trackhawk, I could measure the available space, but I don't.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Since there seems to be tire knowledge here, is there an 18-inch wheel that fits?
I really would like as much sidewall as possible.

Oh, and if I already had my Trackhawk, I could measure the available space, but I don't.

Not positive, but I don’t believe an 18” wheel will fit over the front calipers on this truck.

Running one on the rear is no problem, as more then a few guys run 18” drag radials.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Not positive, but I don’t believe an 18” wheel will fit over the front calipers on this truck.

Running one on the rear is no problem, as more then a few guys run 18” drag radials.

Most only change the backs to a larger sidewall for the track. Thawkmike is correct.

The stock 20" are enough sidewall for anyone. I bought 22" on black friday but they are back-ordered. I met multiple people with 22" on their truck and none mentioned the rubbing. 22" with 11" wide rub I have heard this for sure. There is about 6 tires available in our 305-35-22 needed size.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Most only change the backs to a larger sidewall for the track. Thawkmike is correct.

The stock 20" are enough sidewall for anyone. I bought 22" on black friday but they are back-ordered. I met multiple people with 22" on their truck and none mentioned the rubbing. 22" with 11" wide rub I have heard this for sure. There is about 6 tires available in our 305-35-22 needed size.
I'm lowered on Eibach springs and run 305/35/22 with no rub at all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts