Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I change my own oil but I decided to use the free ones that came with the vehicle.
First let me say that I found the factory installed oil filter loose and leaking oil before I had it changed so I guess the factory guys are just as bad.
I checked the oil level after getting home and it looks like it’s about a quart overfilled. The pic is after the jeep sat for 8 hours. Am I crazy or are the techs at the dealership mentally deficient?

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome to a job being done at a fixed shop rate. Time letting everything drain, or time spent adding oil, waiting for it to run down, then topping it up to the correct level is time the tech isn't getting paid for. Drop the plug, when the big stream stops put the plug back in and dump as many quarts in as the factory manual calls for on a filter change and get that thing out of the bay and the next one in.

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best guess is they added the volume of oil the system requires but didn’t bleed the oil cooler first. Idk, to me, when you check the dipstick after the change, it should be a clue. I guess this is just another example of why I don’t let other people work on my vehicles (or house for that matter). No such thing as a free lunch (or oil change)

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So at the dealership, they confirmed it has too much oil. They did a whole new oil change with the Viper tech showing them how.

I also pointed out that it looked like the supercharger belt was off a rib on one of the pullies and they confirmed that as well but that’s another defect from the factory to add to the crooked badges and tailpipes, plus the driver’s seat track and the panel that covers the subwoofer so far.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts