Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, wife was driving my TH and trailer hitch fell off a truck, cut hood and smashed windshield. Not a scratch anywhere else.

I’m going to replace hood with carbon fiber. What is the best hood? I wouldn’t mind new hood and air intake for a few extra hp.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yes from Tyrannos
http://maxicustoms.com/

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I do like that hood much better than stock!

That’s an awesome wide body kit, but how well can this be installed with just glue or 3M tape? Won’t there be gaps? Isn’t it likely to rattle attached like this?

Does anyone have first hand experience with this kit?

·
Registered
267 Posts
or in my case partially stuck on lol. f***ing FCA QC....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gents

I have a call in to Black Ops. If I go with the hood, I’m guessing I should do the intake too? Thoughts?

Anyone ever report a warranty issue after buying the “tune” I’m disinclined to go with the Russian product.

Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
Problem with the overseas product is shipping.

It won’t come directly to your house and you’ll need to pick it up at nearest port. And hopefully it’s not damaged, which has been the case in the past.

For the guys with these hoods, what’s the fit/finish like out of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I spoke with Chad, the owner of Black Ops today. What a gentleman and how helpful was he!!

I’m ordering the Sniper hood strictly because of him. He had another model of hood and I called back, he immediately answered and sent me more pics. He also gave some helpful input regarding cold air intakes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don’t want to be critical of anyone’s product, but he told me that some of the cold air intakes on the market actually lost horsepower (10 to 20). He said the factory set up was really hard to beat. He said that his information comes from gear heads that race regularly and run with the intake/dyno the car and go to the next product or the factory part.

Oddly, he said many buy the CAI’s for the sound.

He likes the LMI intake and the AFG.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don’t want to be critical of anyone’s product, but he told me that some of the cold air intakes on the market actually lost horsepower (10 to 20). He said the factory set up was really hard to beat. He said that his information comes from gear heads that race regularly and run with the intake/dyno the car and go to the next product or the factory part.

Oddly, he said many buy the CAI’s for the sound.

He likes the LMI intake and the AFG.
Not all that surprising with all of the reports of the air temps going up after installation. This is why I haven’t changed it yet.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts