Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
GOD, dealerships are F'ed up. People are just stupid these days.

Reactions: fooangel

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was just at my dealership for an oil change and state inspection. Note, that I am not at the dealership that much but after I told the service tech what I needed, he already knew from previous times I was there to NOT rotate tires, screw with tire press and to not touch the AFE CAI. Also ensure to not spill any oil on my engine as I stand with the service tech looking at the engine compartment before with my camera and the after. As with the last time I was there a salesman comes over wants me to trade. I said sure $100K and it’s yours. He had a strange look :cool:and I was almost afraid he was going to accept.
I always confirm what I don’t want touched and do. Besides the gorilla lugs would make it difficult.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah its basically 1kish for new rims + labor of balancing and mounting around $200, so 1.2k and then new calpers around another 1k-1.2k + labor so lets call it 3k in damages? Its super frustrating, they even test drove and didn't feel anything, I drove it less than 2 seconds literally and heard some dragging that felt like the car weighed 20k pounds... due to the rubbing of caliper and rim

·
Registered
233 Posts
I ordered these covers in Black as a stealth anti theft measure
along with my debadging
instead of spraying the calipers with Black Peelcoat.
They're from China and also available in Yellow and only $20.00

Should be arriving in a week so will see how it goes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your wheels look like the stock/standard wheels (my car is a 2020 and wheels look the same) Am I mistaken/did you convert to aftermarket wheels? I'm wondering because my wheels have been rotated by the dealer and I am not seeing any damage/interference ?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yup, good news they paid me out for the quote of the cost for fixing, seems like a fair solution. Even though there will obviously be more hidden costs that I'll have to pay out of pocket and not having your daily car, but oh well, some sort of solution was found

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
87 Posts
That’s good they didn’t fight you on it. Sucks that you have to go through all the BS though. We all have our own live and learn experiences. People suck lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts