Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, wanted to pick the general knowledge available on here on an exhaust issue. I'm debating on what exhaust to install on our TH. The stock one is, at times, a bit quiet. I looked at the two options of exhaust with valves, but they seem rather expensive (QTP and GTHAUS). There are other full exhausts (Kooks, Borla or SW) that seem to sound amazing, and may have that happy medium between loud and usable.

However, I stumbled across the QTP cutouts, which retail for about 850. Solis has them on their site, and there are a few videos online showing them.

Any thoughts? Anyone install a set of the cutouts and is happy with them? They seem like a no brainer, as they allow you to go from normal to mental and then back to normal.... but not sure of the long term performance, or issues with ECU, etc. I assume they mount behind the last 02 sensor, but I may be wrong... in which case they'd negatively affect all maps and performance.

thoughts? Go!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi guys, wanted to pick the general knowledge available on here on an exhaust issue. I'm debating on what exhaust to install on our TH. The stock one is, at times, a bit quiet. I looked at the two options of exhaust with valves, but they seem rather expensive (QTP and GTHAUS). There are other full exhausts (Kooks, Borla or SW) that seem to sound amazing, and may have that happy medium between loud and usable.

However, I stumbled across the QTP cutouts, which retail for about 850. Solis has them on their site, and there are a few videos online showing them.

Any thoughts? Anyone install a set of the cutouts and is happy with them? They seem like a no brainer, as they allow you to go from normal to mental and then back to normal.... but not sure of the long term performance, or issues with ECU, etc. I assume they mount behind the last 02 sensor, but I may be wrong... in which case they'd negatively affect all maps and performance.

thoughts? Go!
My thought is if it is dumping exhaust anywhere before the rear mufflers like in the GTHaus set up it’s going to be obnoxiously loud. I think the Borla setup (forget the name, but not the Attack one) is a happy medium between stock and an aggressive setup like the attack or SW catback. I really like the stainlessworks setup but it is louder - how 700hp should sound :).

If I was to do it all over again, I’d try a midmuffler delete for $150 from Midas.... seriously - I’d have probably been happy with that and saved a grand.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Borla seems to make a good unit if you want to spend the money. Kooks, SW, Magnaflow, there are a few options, most of which can be found on youtube.

QTP cutouts are cool, should sound good and won't be too loud when open. I believe you will need to put them after the resonator and therefore it will be somewhat muffled. Cats, resonator(also called mid muffler) and the mufflers all control sound. you would still have 2 out of 3 controlling sound, therefore it would sound more like a loud catback when open.

If you live in a nasty climate I would avoid them, if they are subjected to road rocks and salt they won't last, and regardless they require some maintenance (cleaning). also consider that QTP with still leave you with the stock 2.5" exhaust, most catbacks are 3".

"Thoughts? Go!" thats weird LOL

Reactions: Coley

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts

thoughts? Go!
https://solisracinggroup.com/product/qtp-jeep-srt-wk2-trackhawk-electric-cut-out-pipes/

·
Registered
128 Posts
The drone with my SW is annoying. I don't know about the other catbacks, but I do know that another owner did the mid-muffler delete and still experiences drone. Cutouts might be your best bet!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The drone with my SW is annoying. I don't know about the other catbacks, but I do know that another owner did the mid-muffler delete and still experiences drone. Cutouts might be your best bet!
The drone can be fixed with a tune. The stock tune keeps the RPMs too low which gives the drone. I have the SW catback and catless midpipes. I installed the catback first then the midpipes and with the right tuning the drone is gone and it sounds straight nasty!

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
56 Posts
Borla seems to make a good unit if you want to spend the money. Kooks, SW, Magnaflow, there are a few options, most of which can be found on youtube.

QTP cutouts are cool, should sound good and won't be too loud when open. I believe you will need to put them after the resonator and therefore it will be somewhat muffled. Cats, resonator(also called mid muffler) and the mufflers all control sound. you would still have 2 out of 3 controlling sound, therefore it would sound more like a loud catback when open.

If you live in a nasty climate I would avoid them, if they are subjected to road rocks and salt they won't last, and regardless they require some maintenance (cleaning). also consider that QTP with still leave you with the stock 2.5" exhaust, most catbacks are 3".

"Thoughts? Go!" thats weird LOL
so if someone lives in upstate NY, avoid certain mods such as this because snow and salty roads? I am undecided on full build or just couple mods since it is my daily now but peeping what everyone is doing for ideas and to avoid murder on my new baby because NY **** weather.

·
Registered
144 Posts
so if someone lives in upstate NY, avoid certain mods such as this because snow and salty roads? I am undecided on full build or just couple mods since it is my daily now but peeping what everyone is doing for ideas and to avoid murder on my new baby because NY **** weather.
I'm in Upstate NY and I had these Badlanz cutouts that come with a 5 year warranty
on my SRT.
I would get the stainless ones.
They failed after a year but I changed exhausts and didn't pursue getting replacements.
They are not hard to change out.
You could bag them to weatherize them for winter.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
56 Posts
I'm in Upstate NY and I had these Badlanz cutouts that come with a 5 year warranty
on my SRT.
I would get the stainless ones.
They failed after a year but I changed exhausts and didn't pursue getting replacements.
They are not hard to change out.
You could bag them to weatherize them for winter.

Noted thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts