Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions about the cats on our THs.
I come from another platform, CTSV, where once you aggressively modded your vehicle you took the the chance that your stock cats could melt. I believe it was usually around a 200+hp increase. Some people bought the high flow cats and others used "off road" pipes.
Is there much evidence of something like this on the Trachhawks?
I'm not fond of the catless smell unless I'm running flex fuel which I intend to do.
I don't want to install headers and am wondering if I'll need a cat upgrade or delete if I'm running a flex fuel package that is similar in output to the 1025 package?
For those of you that are using cat delete pipes how do they fit when trying to connect to aftermarket catback exhausts?
Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
They gutted mine but left them in place so it’ll pass a visual inspection. I’m at 820hp n 780 torque when on corn. My tuner said they would melt if we left them stock.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've got s975 package and off road pipes with stock exhaust....love the sound but it is aggressive when throttle is opened.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I currently have the stainless works test pipes but they are coming off this weekend and the cats going back on. im getting tuned at OST Dyno on Monday and mike told me I would be fine. He runs compete stock exhaust in his hellcat and puts down some nice numbers. I’m gonna be running a 2.85 upper, kong ported snout, id1050x, 180 thermostat, Going to tune for 93/flex fuel I to came from a ctsv where everyone said you had to get rid of the cats. I’m sure each tuner will tell you their preference.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I’ve got a few 2.85” pulleys if you wanna pick one up on the cheap. I have Hellraiser and Livernois.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kind of what I thought, depends on tuner's preference.
Off road pipes and stock exhaust- any drone or rasp? Deep bass sound?

Is SW the only vendor for the off road pipes?

a few 2.85s pulleys available- are you on flex fuel now with your built motor? What size/brand pulley are you using now?

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Running a 2.75 griptec pulley now. I’ve got separate tunes for gasoline and E85. We were worried about belt slip and the tuner wanted to add a tensioner but I said griptec and I haven’t noticed any slip. Never had slip on either of the 2.85’s either though. If you are going to do the labor, I’ve also got the tools to remove the factory pulley as well.
Mine is definitely not raspy but I’m running a Borla S type cat back as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I currently have the stainless works test pipes but they are coming off this weekend and the cats going back on. im getting tuned at OST Dyno on Monday and mike told me I would be fine. He runs compete stock exhaust in his hellcat and puts down some nice numbers. I’m gonna be running a 2.85 upper, kong ported snout, id1050x, 180 thermostat, Going to tune for 93/flex fuel I to came from a ctsv where everyone said you had to get rid of the cats. I’m sure each tuner will tell you their preference.
This is my exact build and I did a cat delete. I’m thinking there is a pin sized leak somewhere bc I smell fumes inside and it’s annoying af😠. I too came from a ctsv. Love my hawk but I’m having issues after the build. Specifically a misfire (maybe injectors) but yeah I’m a fan of no cats.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
this was 2 months ago but you are running a flex tune and 1050 injectors?
CTSV cats might be different as everyone says they melt and clog up air flow. Ive never heard that in a hell at yet? I took my cats off so I didnt have to buy exhaust, lol. it gave me 20 HP more and a nicer sound. only problem is it makes the racket even when not going fast, Im not a fan of loud exhaust unless your mashing the pedal.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
This is my exact build and I did a cat delete. I’m thinking there is a pin sized leak somewhere bc I smell fumes inside and it’s annoying af😠. I too came from a ctsv. Love my hawk but I’m having issues after the build. Specifically a misfire (maybe injectors) but yeah I’m a fan of no cats.
yea something must be wrong I smell nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts