Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I gave my TH a full ceramic coating for leather and body.

Body : first to notice is the wow effect you have when you get your car. Color seems deeper and brighter ; english is not my native language ; hard to describe.. as a summary, I can simply say it is actually nicer than stock paint.

They told me that for the 2 / 4 next years, depending on how much Km I drive and the way / frequency I wash the car, it will stay clean longer after washing and easier to clean.

The water buccket test they showed me was impressive !
The guy splashed the car with a 10L bucket of water and after a few seconds, nothing remained on the hood and the bumper.

Question is, will it actually last ?

It is not scratch proof (better say scratch resistant ?) but gives a second hard protection efficient to prevent small scratches and easy to repair if bigger but not too deep ; for exemple those fuc---ng cats that enjoy sleeping and skating on the hood when it is hot...

Leather : I use to hit the leather at the bottom of the door with my shoe when climbing in ; it is now quite invisible and easier to clean.

Will it last ?
Time will tell...
May be someone on the forum already did it and can give his opinion ?

Unfortunately, pictures do not give justice to the true visual effect...

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ive done it on my Thawk and did it on my Laramie and also ctsv. if your are using the "real stuff" like ceramic pro or another reputable product it should last for a year but you will deff want to apply some type of ceramic coat maintenance spray after every wash. should last a year or two. I get mine redone every year as per ceramic pro maintenance protocol. I will say Half of the products out there apparently last for about 1 wash. I can personally only speak to ceramic pro.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Curious how your ceramic coating have help up over time? I am considering having one applied to my TH and wanted to hear from a few owners that have had it for more than a year. Kindly PM or message me when you get a chance.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Curious how your ceramic coating have help up over time? I am considering having one applied to my TH and wanted to hear from a few owners that have had it for more than a year. Kindly PM or message me when you get a chance.
Thank you
NO PM or messages please this is good info for all of us. im curious also how good it works after a year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts