Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this Ceramic Pro 9H product applied to their Trackhawk yet?

I'm thinking about it and we be much more comfortable if one of my fellow Trackhawk buds have looked into it, or actually had it applied.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did c quartz. But got my first rock chip last night. Right on leading edge of hood. I thought ceramic helped to prevent that

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ceramic, like clear bra, is your best defense against minor chips scrapes. But neither is impenetrable. Ceramic is definitely a great product, just don't overpay for it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had Gtechniq done to the exterior and CQuartz to the interior. Also had XPEL applied to pretty much all the vulnerable areas.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did c quartz. But got my first rock chip last night. Right on leading edge of hood. I thought ceramic helped to prevent that
Ceramic chemically bonds to the paint and offers a great "barrier" against bird crap, road dirt etc. easier to clean your rig. Not sure it offers any stone protection.

PPF at least on your leading edges can help against stones, minor impacts and small scratches. But, any decent impact large or small will go through both.

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
I did Ceramic Pro, gold package, wheels n calipers, full interior and engine/bay. Picked up the car two weeks ago so I don’t have a definitive opinion just yet. It was pretty expensive so I really hope it’s worth the money.

·
Registered
130 Posts
what did you guys have the ceramic applied to on the interior?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Interior Ceramic Coating

what did you guys have the ceramic applied to on the interior?
I did all seats, the centre console, and the steering wheel. They also ended up doing the lower leather pieces on the doors and the console for free (went to a great place). I would have done the leather dash, but it's getting replaced because of significant flaws in the soft laguna leather that I found on delivery. I'll probably bring the vehicle back in to get the new dash done. Before I made the decision to do the interior I watched some videos on YouTube. The hydrophobic properties convinced me that the ceramic leather protection would be worthwhile. The coating also did not change the feel of the leather at all...still very soft.

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
Chiming in again. Did ceramicPro gold package, wheels/calipers and full interior. Bought a foam cannon and pressure washer and washing the ride is so easy now. Today I tried out using a leaf blower to dry it because of the hydrophobic properties of the coating cause it to dry before I get a chance to get a chamois on it, leaving water spots and it worked like a champ.

My initial review of ceramic pro is very positive but I’m thinking the real benefits come with time. Unfortunately you can’t just spray the wheels and calipers clean like I hoped. Will see what advice the detail shop has to offer when I bring it in for the touch ups.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I haven’t applied this to my Trackhawk yet, but I recently applied Meguiar’s Quik Detalier with hydrophobic properties in it to one of my Porsches for the first time, and I was shocked by the results. I got caught in the rain right after using it and just assumed all the time spent detailing it was a waste, as the car was now covered with water marks and dirt. Not even close. When I went back to the garage the next morning, after it had dried, the Porsche literally looked like I never took it out in the rain at all. I was totally shocked. I see how amazing this product is, but it made me wonder how long this lasts in relation to the professionally applied version. Surely a few coats of the $8 per bottle Meguiar’s can’t last as long as a few coats that are professionally applied for well over a thousand dollars. What’s the difference between these coatings? What makes the professional application more permanent?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have been following a few threads pertaining to different paint sealers/ waxes/ treatments. The shop that installed my Xpell wrap was going to do a ceramic coating as well. When I told them that I generally run my car through a car wash several times a week ( monthly club) they suggested that they use a more traditional wax type sealer and have it done more regularly 3-6 months. I followed a rather long thread in a Tesla forum and a member did a reasonably unbiased test of several different treatments and found that Glare held up the best. I ordered some for the next application.
Here is the thread for your review:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...d-durability-of-the-top-paint-finishes.12794/

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got full SUN TEK clear healing wrap with full ceramic pro on top of it all with the wheels off option (all 4 wheels taken off and coated) full de badge and calipers coated as well. Also full tint and crystalline windshield. I had to protect my investment cause the desert where i live is brutal on vehicles. I love it. Super easy to wash looks magnificent when washed.
image direct link

·
Registered
25 Posts
For those of you who have had ceramic pro applied to your trackhawk or any vehicle, are you still satisfied with it and would your recommend it? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
I think it works great. Is there a similar product that also works that isn’t so expensive, idk? My only regret is the price, the product seems to work great, does not stop chips though, you’ll also need ppf.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For those of you who have had ceramic pro applied to your trackhawk or any vehicle, are you still satisfied with it and would your recommend it? Thanks!

Yes still satisfied and would highly recommend it. As noted it is expensive but I own black vehicles and it makes owning them so much more enjoyable. Easier to keep clean and clean when dirty.
The key is in the preparation of the paint BEFORE applying the product. Otherwise you seal in the scratches and swirling. Spend the time or money on paint correction first.
I did the whole vehicle, inside outside and underneath. Wheels and calipers.
It is better than nothing but not as good as PPF for protection of stone chips etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I C. Quartz Ceramic Coat all my rides , BMW M6 V10 ,BMW X3 M40i, TrackHawk and BMW X5 M50i sold for Hawk. Apply best when they are brand new on BMW M6 V10 a mild paint correction then apply it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did 3M paint protection film with the full Ceramic Pro Gold over top and am very pleased with it after a month of ownership. Makes clean-up a breeze.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts