Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my trackhawk ceramic pro coated. Got the platinum protection which 8 layers of ceramic coating. Also got the inside done on my dash,plastics, and suade/leather. It’s a lifetime warrenty and goes on your Carfax. I think it’s def worth the protection with such an expensive vehicle. My installer was just ok, he knew what he was talking about and doing, but was very unprofessional in manner. If you are interested in getting it done, do your research before and find someone that knows what they are doing! You can YouTube a bunch of videos on it and check out ceramic pro website. Good investment!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got my trackhawk ceramic pro coated. Got the platinum protection which 8 layers of ceramic coating. Also got the inside done on my dash,plastics, and suade/leather. It’s a lifetime warrenty and goes on your Carfax. I think it’s def worth the protection with such an expensive vehicle. My installer was just ok, he knew what he was talking about and doing, but was very unprofessional in manner. If you are interested in getting it done, do your research before and find someone that knows what they are doing! You can YouTube a bunch of videos on it and check out ceramic pro website. Good investment!
I was quoted $1799 for 5 coats including rims and brake calipers from a friend of my sons who does ceramic coating. He told me it’s a lifetime warranty and after he is done I would not have to do it again. Obviously I know things don’t last forever but if I could get 7 to 10yrs out of it I would be happy.

I haven’t shopped around so I was wondering if that is a good price? He is using a product called Ceramic Pro.

I already did the clear bra for the full hood, mirrors, front bumper cover, lights and side apron. He only charged me $800 for that using Suntek 10yr warranty product.

I know I should have ceramic coated those areas 1st but I wasn’t thinking of doing it then. At least the clear bra will protect the paint against fading also.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I only saw gold when Doing research. It up to the installer if they want to put more coats on and do the whole interior, wheels, etc and call it “platinum”.. you can call and talk to a rep at ceramic pro and they can give you a low down on everything!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Normally, you do PPF then ceramic. I did the PPF on the entire front and then had Ceramic Pro installed. My PPF guy said the ceramic coating will actually help the film last longer. Ceramic Pro has a specific formula for PPF. I did the Gold Package including wheels off coating for $1300. Each market is going to be slightly different though. I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Question on the actual real-world benefits of ceramic coating:

Other than the sales talk and the warranty (only as good as the company that backs it, of course) what does the ceramic do in terms of visual differences versus no coating at all?

Shinier?
Repels water better?
Frightens away poop-filled birds?

I'm trying to figure out of I need to pay the $$ for it, or just continue to have the TH regularly detailed.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
I did the gold package with ceramic pro. I use a pressure washer to take off the bugs n bird poop and a foam cannon and mitt to wash, then dry with an electric leaf blower, followed up with a microfiber towel to get any drips.

My take on ceramic pro:
I can’t say it looks much different, maybe a little deeper shine and gloss.
It seems to stay cleaner longer with the coating.
It definitely takes less time to clean since the coating.
It’s a little more difficult to dry with the coating because the water droplets are so much smaller, they can dry and leave spots.
The calipers and wheels will NOT just spray clean, you still have to get in there and scrub them.

I’ve had my coating on for about 6 weeks so far and am pretty happy with it. Time will tell for sure on how good this stuff really is but so far, I’m a fan.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s great! Protects again scratches, much easier to maintain with bugs and water beads right off of it. I spraying with a water hose and you can see the water bead off! I also use a electric pressure washer with a foam cannon and use Americana soap. It works great with a little microfiber mit to clean off excess dirt and bugs etc

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went with PPF for the front end and Gtechniq Crystal Serum ceramic coating. Most important aspect of ceramic application is the paint correction stage. I’m also investing in a High Output De-ionized Water System for spotless drying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts