Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was installing the SRT hellcat front grille badge on my Trackhawk this evening and was having a look at my underpan. I stuck my hand up in the hole for the oil drain plug access and noticed my lower radiator hose was swinging around like a jump rope. Apparently, its bracket wasn't snapped securely into the fitting on the bottom of the fan shroud. I put it back in place and pulled on it really good to ensure it was snug. I'll keep an eye on it and let everyone know if it comes loose again. Please check yours and ensure it isn't loose like mine. You can see it from looking down from the top, if it is loose.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes, thank you for reporting this. Coincidentally, I have checked mine a time or two (I've done 2 oil changes on mine) and it was good. But FCA's quality control is unfortunately lacking on various items from time to time. Glad you caught it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem, I'll give back every chance I get. I found a couple of quality control issues with my Trackhawk. My passenger side tail lights were grossly misaligned. The stick on fender trim on the driver's side rear door was installed way low. I also had a good size smudge (~3" long) on my dash, behind the cluster pod that wouldn't clean off even with some of the best leather cleaner on the market. Thankfully, my dealer took care of all the issues for me. I'm really hoping this thing stays together, long term. I love the vehicle and would like to keep it forever or until one can no longer buy fuel. Lol!

Reactions: Black Track

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for sharing this OP...I am going to check mine..

This thread reminds of the 1970s when Jeep was owned by AMC. I was at my local Jeep dealer back then and saw a new Jeep that had just been delivered. What caught my eye was the steering wheel laying in the seat. The service mgr told me Jeeps came in all the time with parts laying inside the vehicle. He told me that if the person installing steering wheels on the line didnt show then the steering wheel did not get installed. This went for other parts too..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts