Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have a 2021 trackhawk and am having an issue when I turn the rotors are making this aggressive clicking noise. I got them replaced one and it went away for about 2 weeks then unfortunately came back. I only have 5k miles on the car. My service department made a star case and the star engineer is saying it is normal to make that clicking noise with the two piece rotors. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue and if getting aftermarket rotors would help? Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
They should not be making any noises. Brembo brakes are always a 2 piece rotor design and I've never heard them make noise on the last 4 performance vehicles I had including the other Trackhawk owners I know. That star engineer probably diagnosed it over the phone.

Reactions: CAPTIN SLOW

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just posted this in another the thread.

The fronts are floaters, they will "center" when they start to spin. They fasteners are sprung type to keep them in place while shifting around. If you drive slow thru an alley with buildings on both sides you may hear the clicking as you roll. It will not be there at higher speeds however.

When are you experiencing these noises? What speeds? When type of areas? What's around you? The noise I speak of will go away when at speeds because they center.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, everyone.

I have this problem with my Trackhawk too.
There is a short video of this on youtube.

It was a long time with Jeep, there has been a TSB for a few months.
Try attaching that here.
Unfortunately the parts are delayed in delivery here in Europe, have been waiting for them for 3 months now.

Please excuse my english. Google Translate;)

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had this issue on my 2021 Charger Widebody. First dealership said it was, "normal" and refused to perform further diagnosis. Rolled into a second dealership and they knew right away what it was. If I remember correctly, they needed to install a disk of some sort (don't quote me - I can dig for the invoice of it helps). Waited 10 weeks for the parts but once in, it was a fairly easy, half day install with not a peep since.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had this issue on my 2021 Charger Widebody. First dealership said it was, "normal" and refused to perform further diagnosis. Rolled into a second dealership and they knew right away what it was. If I remember correctly, they needed to install a disk of some sort (don't quote me - I can dig for the invoice of it helps). Waited 10 weeks for the parts but once in, it was a fairly easy, half day install with not a peep since.
Was it a shim? Have you removed the wheels since and looked?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts