Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does it come and go or is it there permanently?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I suggest you get the car paint corrected and ceramic coated, and only do touchless car washes, and dry it down yourself fully with microfiber towels, I can tell you that if you go that method I Guarantee that your paint will stay flawless for years.

are you taking it through automatic car washes that have brushes?. to me that clear coat looks very swirled and beat up.did it have bird poops and sap on it?( that would explain the cloudy)>as they can degrade the clear coat.

·
Registered
267 Posts
O, did you buy it used? because the hood clear coat looks very obviously swirled(especially in that last picture). I got mine used with 2200 miles and it was terribly swirled already.

also as a note to whoever reads this...DO NOT clay bar a car unless it is FULLY clean and decontaminated, and I mean fully, or you'll do more harm than good.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does anyone see this in there paint. Seems couldy in the clear coat. Any suggestions.
Yes, I have the same. Mine looks like an elbow smudge than you can’t wipe away. I just ignored it as it is only noticeable in the right light. I also worry about them burning off the whole clear coat trying to buff it out. I plan to leave it but let us know what the dealer does to fix it

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Anyone have this problem that doesn’t have a red one? Curious that both of these are red with the same issue.
I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe these spots are more prevalent, but just show up better on red, thus they’re the ones noticing them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think a very mild paint correction would remove the spot in question, as well as get rid of all of your swirls.

I'd recommend correcting the paint with a Porter 7424 & orange pads. Here's a kit that comes with both: https://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html

For the correction polish, you can probably get by with a one-step correction and an all-in-one product. I would recommend HD Speed: https://www.autogeek.net/3d-hd-speed.html

If you've never done a correction before, don't worry, as it's **** near impossible to 'hurt' your clear coat with a Porter 7424 dual-action polisher, especially when using a mild polish like HD Speed... And there are plenty of videos on YouTube.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts