Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an issue with their Trackhawk on a tight to partially tight turn? I have a 2020 (just over 3,000 miles) and upon start going slow and even after warm up, when I turn the wheel either direction there is a clunk in the front. It sounds like it is coming from the transfer case and/or also like the wheel wants to fall off and its felt in the wheel. I took it into the dealer. The mechanic supervisor went for a ride and he got the car to make the noise. He told me it was the clutches in the transfer case used to shift power to the different wheels built into the Hawk because of its power. I am having a hard time swallowing the explanation. Any thoughts or anyone with the same CLUNK?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven't yet. Since hearing about more cases of these kinds of sounds, I am waiting to hear more war stories. Transfer case clutches seem to be the culprits. There's a fair amount of posts here on the subject, fyi.

·
Registered
32 Posts
probably the Transfer case. My replacement is no better than the original, in fact its worse. Mind you I got it about 3 weeks ago and have absolutely not tested its limits, not even close and its already shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts