Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently noticed that on a cold start I am hearing a clunking sound from the rear differential area that changes pitch with increased throttle/speed and decreased pitch on slowing. It then goes away after driving no more than 300 feet. Tech in the car when vehicle was in for body panel coming off heard it. Said could be exhaust and they would need to put chassis ears on it. Anyone else experiencing this disheartening noise?

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
I have recently noticed that on a cold start I am hearing a clunking sound from the rear differential area that changes pitch with increased throttle/speed and decreased pitch on slowing. It then goes away after driving no more than 300 feet. Tech in the car when vehicle was in for body panel coming off heard it. Said could be exhaust and they would need to put chassis ears on it. Anyone else experiencing this disheartening noise?
someone else posted about a clunking noise but I am pretty sure his was in the front passenger side.
Mine has a clunk noise back passenger rotor. the center of the rotor is all rusty so the pad is not making contact all the way. not sure what I am gonna do yet i think dealers suck at everything they do and I am getting new rotors and pads so might just wait for the new rotors to come in and swap then.
its easy to get under there and wiggle junk around see if you can find it yourself. if its Diff then thats something I would let the dealer mess with anything else I am fixing myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts