Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Trackhawk. Less than 500 miles on it. When the vehicle has sat out in the cold (25-35F, for example) for a couple of hours and you hit the start on your key FOB, nothing. Yes, all the doors were locked. Tried a second time, nothing. All I was trying to do is warm up the car from inside a restaurant that we would be leaving in like 5 minutes. Tried a third time and the headlights began flashing, horn was blowing, dash looked like a strobe light at the disco. Finally started after hitting the push button in the Jeep but only after the Jeep finished pitching a fit. Reported to the dealer. They checked the battery under passenger seat. Said it was at 708 (whatever that meant) and said it should be at 715. So they kept for 4 hours, completely drained the battery and re-charged to a full charge. They believed the battery was effected because the car was on the showroom and people constantly getting in and out of the Jeep wore the battery down to a lower state. I even asked them how it lowered if I'd been driving it for an hour at a time plus....???? It should be charged, right? Anyway, they re-charged and off I go. Still......cold FOB start? Maybe. Probably not. This morning I go to the car, hit the unlock button and the lights start flashing, dash is a disco, and screen in truck is turning on and off and on and off all while chimes are going on and off. WTF???? I push start and I get an "uh"....then nothing. Push start again and I get "click click". All while truck dash is spazzing out. Push start a 3rd time and Jeep cranks and dash stops spazzing out. In warm weather (I have a heated garage vs my girlfriend's unheated garage) where I keep my garage at a toasty 65F when it's 30F outside, the Jeep cranks fine. What the heck is going on? Anybody????

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Kinda sounds like a battery issue. Idk about completely discharging a battery that isn’t meant to deep cycle as it will kill cells in the battery. Could also be alternator not charging properly but the fact that it only does it in the cold suggests that it may be battery related.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My 2015 Ram truck would not remote start on a cold day (~30 degrees or less) but it didnt do the light show you mentioned. They never did figure out why it wouldnt start.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me after I left the car parked and undriven for a few weeks. I got into the car and it fired right up as always. I believe the normal parasitic electrical drain on the system was exasperated by the cooling weather and the remote start was rendered ineffective until the car was driven enough to top up the battery after which it functioned normally.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
There was a post several months ago about a guy that had issue with the infotainment system staying on and draining the battery.

·
Registered
390 Posts
There was a post several months ago about a guy that had issue with the infotainment system staying on and draining the battery.
Yep, that was me. I left a USB drive in one of the slots for music and they discovered that it never shut off causing a battery drain over time - although I never experienced the light show you have. From your picture I see multiple cable coming from your center infotainment console - you may have them check that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts