Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 18 Trackhawk has around 1000 Hp at the crank. 2 times while leaving off the line at around 2k rpm it's popped up collision warning , collision detection and a stability control warnings. It'll then go into like a limp mode. It's popped a Trans warning while in limp. Tells me to put in park to put in gear? It takes me 2-3 × of shutting it down n restart to get that to go away. Help me out what's the deal?!

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
My 18 Trackhawk has around 1000 Hp at the crank. 2 times while leaving off the line at around 2k rpm it's popped up collision warning , collision detection and a stability control warnings. It'll then go into like a limp mode. It's popped a Trans warning while in limp. Tells me to put in park to put in gear? It takes me 2-3 × of shutting it down n restart to get that to go away. Help me out what's the deal?!
My only thought is that you are maybe going beyond the rpm range you are tuned for. Possibly due to poor traction.

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
I'm running Weld Beadlock with drag Radials on all 4 corners. I went past the rpm in manual the 1st time. The 2nd time was in auto while sport mode but both time 1-2 shift.
I’ve experienced this as well and it seems like it’s at the top of the RPM range when it happens. I asked my tuner to bring down the RPM for the 1-2 shift. Can’t say it’s happened again since but I also haven’t done any hard launches

·
Registered
90 Posts
Vanquish, what symptoms did you have when the tranny went out? My tranny did go into limp mode when the TC let loose and I feel like mine shifts differently under WOT now. Like sometimes it shifts slower and harder if that makes sense. I worry that it was damaged when the TC let loose

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
392 Posts
Looking back, i had multiple signs something wasn’t right but put the blame on other things.

1) when doing a hard pull from the lights, i would get the warning lights as stated here or the trans would not shift out of 1st or just be really laggy when shifting out of 1st, when the trans oil was not upto temp.

2) hard shifts from 2nd to 1st when normal driving in auto or eco mode

3) was the day it happened. Eco mode punched the gas to do a quick overtake, trans downshifted, engine just revved and that was it. No hard driving that day at all, mostly traffic

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
This is the main REASON why i dont speed in mines....i am very afraid of the computer ECU kickin in during a speed moment(launch or movement (40+pulls)...i love this truck but i also very clear about what we own(TH)

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
392 Posts
This is the main REASON why i dont speed in mines....i am very afraid of the computer ECU kickin in during a speed moment(launch or movement (40+pulls)...i love this truck but i also very clear about what we own(TH)
Believe me, there is no other SUV that can handle the beating a trackhawk can take. My trackhawk has seen hell since new, I have respected all service intervals and try to put the best I can on it. Things break with the abuse my trackhawk takes. I am fully aware of it, but I have never seen a MB AMG/Brabus, RS/Urus or any XM regular or competition take the abuse my TH has seen and lasted as long as mine. They bust a lot faster and cost a **** load more to repair. Urus with 18k kms busted the transmission at launch when racing me. X5m competition ripped the gears in the rear active sway bar while trying to hang with through the twisties. GLE brabus blown turbos with only 8k kms, RSq8 same thing with only 12k kms. The difference is most of the luxury brand owners won’t talk about these issues, i don’t why but that is what i have noticed.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
Believe me, there is no other SUV that can handle the beating a trackhawk can take. My trackhawk has seen hell since new, I have respected all service intervals and try to put the best I can on it. Things break with the abuse my trackhawk takes. I am fully aware of it, but I have never seen a MB AMG/Brabus, RS/Urus or any XM regular or competition take the abuse my TH has seen and lasted as long as mine. They bust a lot faster and cost a **** load more to repair. Urus with 18k kms busted the transmission at launch when racing me. X5m competition ripped the gears in the rear active sway bar while trying to hang with through the twisties. GLE brabus blown turbos with only 8k kms, RSq8 same thing with only 12k kms. The difference is most of the luxury brand owners won’t talk about these issues, i don’t why but that is what i have noticed.
The other brands dont stand up...i agree 100%...but i know for a fact the TH is new for snappin the axel especially on launches....sadly the TH share a few parts of the summit...bunch of suspension parts outside the coils & bars...not bashing the TH i have one also...love the azz kickin power just with abuse please add the support modifications and the jeep will destroy dam near all SUV & a few cars....im in my feelings im interested in GT500...as a 2nd runner up for option of speed for my next purchase

·
Registered
311 Posts
The other brands dont stand up...i agree 100%...but i know for a fact the TH is new for snappin the axel especially on launches....sadly the TH share a few parts of the summit...bunch of suspension parts outside the coils & bars...not bashing the TH i have one also...love the azz kickin power just with abuse please add the support modifications and the jeep will destroy dam near all SUV & a few cars....im in my feelings im interested in GT500...as a 2nd runner up for option of speed for my next purchase
I’ve not heard of any stock TrackHawk failing axels, if it was a common occurrence FCA would come out with a recall. I’ve heard, known and seen axels and driveshafts fail on heavily moded high horse power TrackHawks that haven’t upgraded or Cryoed their axels. I got concerned so I checked back to back the suspension components of the Summit vs the TrackHawk and no part numbers cross over, that was time consuming, talk about parts failing if FCA would put Summit parts on the TrackHawk. Nahh

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
I’ve not heard of any stock TrackHawk failing axels, if it was a common occurrence FCA would come out with a recall. I’ve heard, known and seen axels and driveshafts fail on heavily moded high horse power TrackHawks that haven’t upgraded or Cryoed their axels. I got concerned so I checked back to back the suspension components of the Summit vs the TrackHawk and no part numbers cross over, that was time consuming, talk about parts failing if FCA would put Summit parts on the TrackHawk. Nahh
Now understand i meant on drag-strip....I have read on many occasions that the rear axel breaks threw constant launches...especially upgrades on HP&torque....

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
Snapping an axel is usually from wheel hop. I haven’t seen anyone break an axle that wasn’t on 22”s
Unfortunately thats the main culprit to axel damages....l apologize for not being clear on the specs but i truly believe that the TH is not a platform for modifications for major mods....i am deep down a Ford man(GT500) and not many platforms to me don't have workable modification platforms that will be as successful(hemi cars work better to me) with mods than the jeeps(srt or TH) my opinion a stock TH is golden....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Unfortunately thats the main culprit to axel damages....l apologize for not being clear on the specs but i truly believe that the TH is not a platform for modifications for major mods....i am deep down a Ford man(GT500) and not many platforms to me don't have workable modification platforms that will be as successful(hemi cars work better to me) with mods than the jeeps(srt or TH) my opinion a stock TH is golden....
Me too. Had a few Mustangs over the years but never a 500. Most recent was a '14GT with a Roush, and just picked up a Mach 1, with a Whipple going on in a week or two. But this monster TH, is a brutal beast not for everyone.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
Lol...hey the jeep line(srt/TH) is not as old as a mustang nor does it have the audience/customer platform like mustang 😉 jeep has a long way to go to even compare when it come to mods(I'm not reffering to regular hemi-scats packs-srt cars etc) and now the TH is discontinued is like "AWE MAN JUST AS THE SOCCER DAD HAVE A BIRD TO SHOOT IN A DRAG RACE!..THEN THIS CRAP!" 😄 🤣 at least its 2 versions of kickazz to dish out...i think I'll hang on my TH until it stop working as a tribute to soccer dads

1 - 20 of 20 Posts