Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After thinking about it for days, then searching (nationwide) for a Trackhawk of my liking for another couple of days, today I ordered one.

Now I can only hope that it won't be built on 1-2-20.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Chicago X.

I literally kept it light on options, except for the color. Only added the Velvet red, "Titanium" wheels, and the tow package.
One local dealer told me to expect 90 days, my go-to dealer (out of state) said 6-8 weeks. So I ordered through the out of state dealer to get it quicker.

Just kidding. But while I was offered a few thousand off MSRP by the local one, my go-to beat that by another 4K.

Now it remains to be seen when it shows up. A Challenger we ordered last year took over four months to make it to the dealer...from after it was built.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What kind of pricing are you seeing when ordering one versus finding a left over 18 or 19 that are $8k to as much as $18k off retail? Are you paying retail prices?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you, Chicago X.

I literally kept it light on options, except for the color. Only added the Velvet red, "Titanium" wheels, and the tow package.
One local dealer told me to expect 90 days, my go-to dealer (out of state) said 6-8 weeks. So I ordered through the out of state dealer to get it quicker.

Just kidding. But while I was offered a few thousand off MSRP by the local one, my go-to beat that by another 4K.

Now it remains to be seen when it shows up. A Challenger we ordered last year took over four months to make it to the dealer...from after it was built.
Congrats. I ordered around Sept. 18th and it showed up Oct. 10th at the dealer. I got the same color wheel combo, nice choice.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn't help but notice the heavily optioned and discounted ones with up to 18K off sticker. But I didn't want a lot of options, especially the top heavy and expensive sun roof.

So when the wheeling and dealing was over I'll have to pay 7K below sticker for a '20 optioned exactly to my liking.
To me that beats getting an '18, even if the price was the same.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats. I ordered around Sept. 18th and it showed up Oct. 10th at the dealer. I got the same color wheel combo, nice choice.
Man, that was quick!
Maybe mine will get built before they get in the Christmas "spirit" at the factory? Not counting on that, though.

How would you say that the Velvet looks in real life, by the way? I'm hoping that it'll be similar to the color of an '01 Cherokee XJ I had.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Man, that was quick!
Maybe mine will get built before they get in the Christmas "spirit" at the factory? Not counting on that, though.

How would you say that the Velvet looks in real life, by the way? I'm hoping that it'll be similar to the color of an '01 Cherokee XJ I had.
I was in the same boat with looking for a used or leftover '18 or '19. I couldn't find what I wanted, so after some abck and forth, ending up ordering exactly what I wanted.
As for the color in person, way better than any pictures. I was never a fan of red vehicles until I saw this and octane red on the hellcats. It's going back a bit, but the in the shade, the color should be really close to your XJ. In direct light, this may look brighter at certain angles, more metallic in the paint.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was in the same boat with looking for a used or leftover '18 or '19. I couldn't find what I wanted, so after some abck and forth, ending up ordering exactly what I wanted.
As for the color in person, way better than any pictures. I was never a fan of red vehicles until I saw this and octane red on the hellcats. It's going back a bit, but the in the shade, the color should be really close to your XJ. In direct light, this may look brighter at certain angles, more metallic in the paint.
I'm in North Carolina & went from Florida to Massachusetts harassing dealerships with leftover '18s until I found one that wanted to play ball. Only option mine didn't have, that I kinda wanted but wasn't a deal breaker, was the tow package. Ended up buying one almost 750 miles away from me & got over $20k off MSRP.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm in North Carolina & went from Florida to Massachusetts harassing dealerships with leftover '18s until I found one that wanted to play ball. Only option mine didn't have, that I kinda wanted but wasn't a deal breaker, was the tow package. Ended up buying one almost 750 miles away from me & got over $20k off MSRP.
I tried looking all over but by the time I figured in having to sell my '15, the travel costs, etc...it wasn't that big of a difference and I didn't have to "settle".

·
Registered
107 Posts
I tried looking all over but by the time I figured in having to sell my '15, the travel costs, etc...it wasn't that big of a difference and I didn't have to "settle".
Yeah, whatever works for you. I hired a transport company, enclosed trailer was close to $1200 for a 750 mile trip. And I'm selling my current SUV privately, luckily didn't need to sell it first to buy my TH.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Worked out very well, only a bit more than what the leftovers and used ones were going for. I wanted to be able to look over the TH before buying as well. I had a few friends use those third party inspection services with mixed results. so that was out of the questions when spending this kind of money. All worked out in the end. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I hope you're right. Normally I wouldn't have gone with red, but I'm getting tired of (the more practical) white, and we already have enough Granite cars.

Besides, it looks to me like the darker color hides more of the differences between regular Grand Cherokees and the Trackhawk. A simple debadging and it may go somewhat unnoticed.

Oh, and I got the VIN today, so at least it's in the system now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks, I hope you're right. Normally I wouldn't have gone with red, but I'm getting tired of (the more practical) white, and we already have enough Granite cars.

Besides, it looks to me like the darker color hides more of the differences between regular Grand Cherokees and the Trackhawk. A simple debadging and it may go somewhat unnoticed.

Oh, and I got the VIN today, so at least it's in the system now.
Same reasons here...My girlfriend has a granite overland, no more black cars (too hard to keep clean, but look awesome when clean) I had a silver SRT, and just not a white car person. I think you're going to like the red, so much better in person.
Congrats on the VIN, should be built within the next couple of weeks, then shipping can take some time, depending on where you are.

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
Worked out very well, only a bit more than what the leftovers and used ones were going for. I wanted to be able to look over the TH before buying as well. I had a few friends use those third party inspection services with mixed results. so that was out of the questions when spending this kind of money. All worked out in the end. :)
def dont use the inspection guys. I had one super amazing guy and one complete idiot. crazy how they were so different

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same reasons here...My girlfriend has a granite overland, no more black cars (too hard to keep clean, but look awesome when clean) I had a silver SRT, and just not a white car person. I think you're going to like the red, so much better in person.
Congrats on the VIN, should be built within the next couple of weeks, then shipping can take some time, depending on where you are.
Thanks, ekaz, I hope that's a lucky number, the VIN that is. And it would be fantastic if it got built before Christmas. If not, sometime in mid January may be better.

I'm painfully familiar with that shipping can take some time. My girlfriend's (Granite) Challenger took a bit over four months from being built to get to the dealer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks, ekaz, I hope that's a lucky number, the VIN that is. And it would be fantastic if it got built before Christmas. If not, sometime in mid January may be better.

I'm painfully familiar with that shipping can take some time. My girlfriend's (Granite) Challenger took a bit over four months from being built to get to the dealer.
4 months?! UGH.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And when it finally arrived, it was damaged.
No biggie as we had anticipated something like that and placed another order in the meantime.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You got it right, ekaz. Picked a good day to call the dealer; my li'l red wagon went to KZ at 10:12 today.

I can't tell you how glad I am for it being built before the holiday festivities begin. Or on January 2.
Now the weather will decide what trailer will be best for going to Utah to pick it up, hopefully some time in January.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man, this one is faster and quicker than a Challenger, at least when it comes to its build and ship process.

Apparently it made it to Salt Lake City yesterday, which is exactly one month from when I called the dealer and ordered it.
Now it just needs to make it to the dealer, intact, and I need to go get it.

I swear I didn't know about this when shoveling snow off of the the trailer earlier today, figuring that I had a another couple of weeks or three to get ready.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts