Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im coming to realization that I don't like that a car sits and gets unused.
Having strong thoughts about selling the Demon and moving to a TH.
Although it would still not be daily driven, I am sure id drive it more than the Demon.
I do live in New England so the AWD would come in handy if need be.
Has anyone made a move like this? Or am I just suffering from winter blues!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Cure for the winter blues, buy a Trackhawk, keep the Demon in garage on blocks for 20 years, and then sell it at a Meacum Auction for half a million. >:)

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Im coming to realization that I don't like that a car sits and gets unused.
Having strong thoughts about selling the Demon and moving to a TH.
Although it would still not be daily driven, I am sure id drive it more than the Demon.
I do live in New England so the AWD would come in handy if need be.
Has anyone made a move like this? Or am I just suffering from winter blues!
Ill trade you my TH for your Demon? White with Red interior every option they have plus the Livernois 1025 Package. 1200 miles

post up some pictures.

·
Registered
346 Posts
^^^ Interesting offer above. You could always move to a warmer climate where you could daily drive the Demon. Lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
It a dame shame a lot of demon are hesitant to drive this car. It’s a beast that should be driven as much as possible.

Not saying OP is the case, but so many guys are up at night worrying about the value of this car and fearful of putting miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I put 700 miles on it last year, and about 30-40 passes at the track.
Its an amazing vehicle, but I already have a purpose built drag car.
Im not afraid to drive it, just won't introduce it to the salt, and other lovely chemicals
they coat the roads with. Not to mention the hundreds of frost heaves and potholes!
I have considered just sucking it up and buying a TH and keeping the Demon.
Exploring avenues at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure who "USER NAME" is, but that is my post above this.
Thats odd

I put 700 miles on it last year, and about 30-40 passes at the track.
Its an amazing vehicle, but I already have a purpose built drag car.
Im not afraid to drive it, just won't introduce it to the salt, and other lovely chemicals
they coat the roads with. Not to mention the hundreds of frost heaves and potholes!
I have considered just sucking it up and buying a TH and keeping the Demon.
Exploring avenues at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not equivalent to your situation but I sold both my Grand Cherokee Summit and Mustang GT to consolidate to the TH and just daily drive it. Best move I’ve made. It makes my garage life, depreciation, and insurance life easier too. And I always have my crap with me instead of moving it between cars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not a Demon but I did sell my 2017 Hellcat and bought the TH. As comfortable as the Hellcat was the TH is even more so. It is a blast to drive.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Not a Demon but I did sell my 2017 Hellcat and bought the TH. As comfortable as the Hellcat was the TH is even more so. It is a blast to drive.
curious why you sold/traded for TH?

I love the way the Red Eye/Demon look I just dont like cars I dont fit well in them at all. I dint even fit good in the TH my back is to wide I feel the bolsters. But I want a Demon and would buy if I could get cheap. I think they are gonna sky rocket in price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am kinda thinking about doing the same thing.
I may trade my 16 Hellcat Charger with 550 miles, and 16 Toyota 4Runner, daily driver, for a TH.
Or I may keep the HC, dump the 4runner for a Rubicon.
Decisions, decisions!
Any regrets using the TH as a daily driver?
Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
379 Posts
Cure for the winter blues, buy a Trackhawk, keep the Demon in garage on blocks for 20 years, and then sell it at a Meacum Auction for half a million. >:)
Just watching a 2018 Barrett Jackson auction and there was Demon #42 go for $180,000.
My half a million estimate might be close! :grin2:

·
Registered
267 Posts
there is a black demon being sold out of NORCAL listed for 140k with 8 miles on it. demons have peaked out in value, have stopped going up in value the past month or 2. you will be seeing more hit the market the next month, this will further lower values... which was already lowered by redeye...also the wide body hc....

keeping something for 20 years and then selling it for double (inflation is very real) is a SUPER weak investment....dang we need to start talking real estate, stocks and financing on this forum a bit more? I need to list what apples stock was selling for 10 years ago....

https://www.fool.com/investing/2016/08/10/apples-stock-split-history.aspx

·
Registered
582 Posts
You can buy a demon for sub $110k all day right now.

It might have 1k miles on it or the options you don’t want, but they sit with BIN prices of $109k.

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
That just shows how difficult it is to mass produce a vehicle like that. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
You can buy a demon for sub $110k all day right now.

It might have 1k miles on it or the options you don’t want, but they sit with BIN prices of $109k.

you think they will ever hit 90s? I know its weird but spending 100K on a car is to much for me unless its a lambo or something. But 90K is ok lmao my brain is weird like that.

·
Registered
695 Posts
you think they will ever hit 90s? I know its weird but spending 100K on a car is to much for me unless its a lambo or something. But 90K is ok lmao my brain is weird like that.
They already have sold under 100k new. There were a lot of these for sale when they came out, if you looked hard enough good deals were possible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts