Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Was wondering if anyone has tried out the Corsa 2.75" Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back Exhaust on their TH?

I've had great experiences with Corsa exhausts in the past. I had them on a dual V8 "go fast" boat and a built, 590 RWHP C6 Z06 that I owned. The Corsa systems don't drone, have reasonable sound when driven gently, but sound fantastic when you go WOT.

I know that they are only available with single tips. I already contacted them and the reason they limit them to the single tips is because many Trackhawks are equipped with the Tow Package, and associated hidden hitch.

I love the GT Haus exhaust, but not into spending more than $2K on a system since I am not planning to mod much more than my intake and exhaust for better sound. I am also considering the Stainless Works system...

Let me know your thoughts- thanks!

Pete

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone trying it on their TH yet, but I will say that Corsa is by far my favorite exhaust for these and all Hemi's. I would maybe look into running the Corsa with those Meistercraft quad tips I am seeing!

·
Registered
29 Posts
There’s a corsa trackhawk on YouTube. Looks like they installed the factory tips.

Reactions: Techknowguy

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Corsa exhausts on 4 of my cars, three of which are Hemi motors. When we bought our Trackhawk we traded a 2012 GCSRT8 that had a Corsa exhaust. That was the only Corsa system I have ever owned that had drone at just about every speed. Programming out the MDS helped, but did not eliminate the problem. Many have had similar problems and I doubt the Trackhawk system is much different than the standard SRT models. Something to consider because it drove me crazy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have Corsa exhausts on 4 of my cars, three of which are Hemi motors. When we bought our Trackhawk we traded a 2012 GCSRT8 that had a Corsa exhaust. That was the only Corsa system I have ever owned that had drone at just about every speed. Programming out the MDS helped, but did not eliminate the problem. Many have had similar problems and I doubt the Trackhawk system is much different than the standard SRT models. Something to consider because it drove me crazy.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I know Corsa didn't have any drone on the WK1, so not sure what happened on the WK2 - usually it's MDS but you said you tuned it out...

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
We have no drone at all with our Corsa on our 2015 SRT. The tone changes a bit with MDS but no drone. So not all WK2 have the issue.

The original 2012 SRT exhaust had a valve system to try to keep MDS drone down but 2015 included active noise cancelling instead of the valves. Point being that the Corsa exhaust sound could vary from year to year depending on other factors.

As far as Corsa for the TrackHawk, they had one in for R&D but decided they would NOT be doing a TrackHawk specific exhaust.

The tow package and rear valance makes it difficult for aftermarket quad tips and they implied there was not a large enough customer base to offset the engineering and product costs for special tips.

SO you are stuck with the SRT version and can either keep the dual exhausts or you can use the factory tips (although some modification is required to make them work).

Although the tips alone would probably stop me from going with them, I was also concerned because it is a 2.75" system, same as the stock TrackHawk, AND since it was engineered for the SRT it has a dual resonator system at the rear, originally designed to counter drone from the two different exhaust notes between the 8 cylinder and 4 (MDS) modes.

AND reviews from the owner of the TH who had the custom system installed as part of R&D indicated it was actually quieter at idle than it was stock...

I was VERY dissapointed, Corsa has been my go to exhaust for years.

But I am not going to spend all that money just to keep the factory tips, factory size piping, quieter idle AND add an exhaust with extra weight and parts not needed when I don't even have 4 cylinder mode on my model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts