Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Taking the Hawk to Billy Boat exhaust in may to have them prototype one of their systems to it since they don’t already have a system for the platform. I’m running their 3in system in my 426 stroker Charger it sounds amazing compared to any other system not too loud and no drone. Check out their hellcat system sound on YouTube if it sounds anything like that I’ll be happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2019 trackhawk and wanting a new exhaust system. So far Borla is my first choice. My last three Raptors had BORLA on them and they sounded great with no drone. I had a magnaflow on a Shelby and the drone was terrible. What’s everyone’s thought?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi there - I'm about to pick-up the Borla S-Type. For those who have this - any concerns with the sound? I don't want anything obnoxious - but for sure want more than stock. I also have the tow package so will be re-using the tock tips. Someone mentioned the tips hang low (LOL) - anyone have issues? I like the factory look - don't want low tips!

·
Registered
190 Posts
The sound is real good, tough, and not obnoxious at all and best is no drone at any rpm or mph, I have the tow package and no issues with the stock tips, they fit just right with plenty of adjustability.

22E7C14C-A0CA-4127-B5E4-D71DA64B11CF.jpeg 4AA9682C-DBDB-47C5-BDF1-7DFF394E8E5E.jpeg 63C686F7-07A7-4426-8E90-17FAED21922A.jpeg 136D5EBF-8CF6-40A0-A092-2818C800689C.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,665 Posts
The stock tips will fit the same. Once you see how they attach, you’ll understand. Be sure you assemble it all before tightening anything and be happy with your clearances before you tighten anything down and check on it after a few miles to make sure nothing shifts on you. The sound is good on a stock platform, I’m a lil worried that it might be too much once it has the 426 in it. We shall see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to go with the extreme or ATAK. Anyone have addition details on drone and quality on either of these? One stand out more than the other?
just joined here I have a 2018 hawk with 10,00 miles. I did a mid muffler delete for 250$ at about 5,000 miles and honestly it sounds awesome with the stock resonators IMO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Borla says you can't use these exhaust tips with the towing package huh?? I think they look purdy damn good myself. Very happy with the sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wait - these are installed WITH the tow package? Can you send pics from the rear (LOL). Thanks.

Also - STYPE - better, louder than stock? or volume wise same?
Much better. When you're at cruising speed it's barely louder, but when you get in it it sounds like an animal. Yes I have the tow package. I think he just didn't push the tips all the way back and added a couple of tack welds to help hold.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,665 Posts
It’s a clamp system. Not sure why you would weld it in place. There is plenty of play before you lock it into place but I don’t see how you could get the CF tips on with the tow package and they not stick way out. Maybe something is different but I had to grind off some material to allow them to fit.

332 Posts
I just bought a 2019 trackhawk and wanting a new exhaust system. So far Borla is my first choice. My last three Raptors had BORLA on them and they sounded great with no drone. I had a magnaflow on a Shelby and the drone was terrible. What’s everyone’s thought?
Congrats on the new Trackhawk!

We prefer to us Corsa on most all of the vehicles at the shop and have had nothing but excellent results both on our personal / shop and customer's vehicles as well. Their drone free tech is really refreshing sound wise, especially on some of the tougher vehicles that are known to have drone with most aftermarket systems. Also their fit and quality level's second to none, made in Ohio from heavy gauge premium grade US stainless steel. Feel free to give us a shout if there's anything we could help you with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm in this debate right now, but more in the Borla or Solo decision. I was sold on the Corsa until I was reading about it and realized that the pipe diameter is the same as stock, so you're basically paying 2k for mufflers.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts