Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep dealer quoted $3,700 for front rotors and pads. I think the most I’ve ever paid was like around $1800; I’m guessing this is due to supply chain cost? What are you guys seeing in your areas?

·
Registered
170 Posts
The front rotors are not cheap! It's ridiculous that we still don't have any replacement rings for these yet but these vehicles are pretty rare so maybe there is no profit in making a set? You can get 380mm replacement rings but not 400mm like ours. Oh well, I'll have to end up getting an OEM set in the early summer.

Reactions: Coley

·
Registered
10 Posts
The front rotors are not cheap! It's ridiculous that we still don't have any replacement rings for these yet but these vehicles are pretty rare so maybe there is no profit in making a set? You can get 380mm replacement rings but not 400mm like ours. Oh well, I'll have to end up getting an OEM set in the early summer.
They do have a 400mm ring replacement for OEM hats

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
111 Posts
Jeep dealer quoted $3,700 for front rotors and pads. I think the most I’ve ever paid was like around $1800; I’m guessing this is due to supply chain cost? What are you guys seeing in your areas?

Welp I am fucked when it comes time for mine to be changed lol Helpful to know this info.

·
Registered
2021 Sting Gray Trackhawk
74 Posts
Welp I am fucked when it comes time for mine to be changed lol Helpful to know this info.
Yeah the stealership charges a grip! I've had my service tech price match wholesale (azwholesalemopar.com) prices for the OEM pads and rotors, but they usually don't have it all in stock at once. But you can just purchase the rotors and pads wholesale and bring the goods to them and just pay the labor for install and it'll still be considerably cheaper.

But those DBA 2 piece 5000 Series T3 rotors are pretty sweet. I had them on my SRT Jeep (along with new Mopar/Brembo brake pads) and they felt just as good if not slightly better than stock rotors. I'll probably pick up the replacement rings once it's time, didn't realize DBA made just the rings for the OEM hats. I definitely like the stock OEM hat look vs DBA's hat that came with the 2 piece set.

Sometimes you can find the DBA's on sale (cspracing.com) and get them for a few hundred less than the OEM slotted rotor wholesale prices.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
111 Posts
Yeah the stealership charges a grip! I've had my service tech price match wholesale (azwholesalemopar.com) prices for the OEM pads and rotors, but they usually don't have it all in stock at once. But you can just purchase the rotors and pads wholesale and bring the goods to them and just pay the labor for install and it'll still be considerably cheaper.

But those DBA 2 piece 5000 Series T3 rotors are pretty sweet. I had them on my SRT Jeep (along with new Mopar/Brembo brake pads) and they felt just as good if not slightly better than stock rotors. I'll probably pick up the replacement rings once it's time, didn't realize DBA made just the rings for the OEM hats. I definitely like the stock OEM hat look vs DBA's hat that came with the 2 piece set.

Sometimes you can find the DBA's on sale (cspracing.com) and get them for a few hundred less than the OEM slotted rotor wholesale prices.

Really appreciate that! Noted and behand. sure to have this on

·
Registered
18 trackhawk
23 Posts
I found that if you get the demon rotors and brakes it’s a better deal all around. I believe the demon rotors are around the same price as the oem but the brakes are not. But don’t forget with the demon brakes you get less brake dust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found that if you get the demon rotors and brakes it’s a better deal all around. I believe the demon rotors are around the same price as the oem but the brakes are not. But don’t forget with the demon brakes you get less brake dust.
Are the calipers the same?

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
76 Posts
[/QUOTE
Before i bought this TH i didnt know the cost of brembo brakes....once i was initiated lol i began my quest to find brakes that fit...there are a few auto part warehouses that will work with you....and the dealer will apply the equipment provided it does not take them off there time of scheduled expected time of work charge (shop time) rockauto.com may have your parts i believe....give them a try...if not post your results I'll go research my parts and give you my warehouse where i shopped i actually have my parts ready to change mine when they need it...ill share with the forum

·
Registered
170 Posts
I ordered some of the new DBA rotor rings as well. I am retiring at the end of June (can't wait!) so I'll put these on when I am off in July. I'll take some pics , report and post it up when done!

·
Registered
3 Posts
While polishing my 2018 TH for a 7-year ceramic 10mm finish, spotted wear on front brake rotors. Nice having options to add DBA 400 rotors over OEM hats. Hope it works the way I told. Anyone experience less than brake performance using ceramic pads over semi metalic pads? I'm trying to reduce brake dust. Welcome your experiences.

·
Registered
369 Posts
While polishing my 2018 TH for a 7-year ceramic 10mm finish, spotted wear on front brake rotors. Nice having options to add DBA 400 rotors over OEM hats. Hope it works the way I told. Anyone experience less than brake performance using ceramic pads over semi metalic pads? I'm trying to reduce brake dust. Welcome your experiences.
There is slightly less braking, I would say maybe 5-10%, but it's hardly noticable. If you're driving normally everyday, sure go for it. If you're going thru the twisties or track, just put the other once in or OEM. One thing I should mention is, watch out for 'heat spots' on rotors when you use semi-ceramic pads, cause you can warp the rotors faster. Sometimes the combination of pads and rotors do not match. Harder the rotors and harder the pads, thus creating heat spots on hard braking. Just something to watch out for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts