Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opted to go for the suede napa performance seat.. The dealer at Westbury said it was normal to happen..... I dont think they know what they are talking about . 100k car and the leather cracks in 3 mths.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
With what was posted here by someone else a month or so ago about their leather door panel getting a very damaging scuff from someone's shoe, it seems like the FCA sourced leather is very thin and/or not good quality.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I opted to go for the suede napa performance seat.. The dealer at Westbury said it was normal to happen..... I dont think they know what they are talking about . 100k car and the leather cracks in 3 mths.
I had my interior coated with ceramic pro, so far so good , no cracking, still looks new. I will keep an eye on it for any cracking. I also got my mine from Westbury lol

·
Super Moderator
2,244 Posts
I upgraded the leather and also did the ceramic pro. So far, so good but they are replacing the dash due to mfg defects

·
Registered
11 Posts
I upgraded the leather and also did the ceramic pro. So far, so good but they are replacing the dash due to mfg defects
I am also having my dash pad replaced- it had some minor defects in the leather, but when you pay nearly $100k for a vehicle I think it is reasonable to expect a perfect dash pad.

·
Super Moderator
2,244 Posts
The dealership said no to replacing it so I started a case with FCA. They said I had to take it back to the dealership to have it looked at but when I brought it back, the dealership approved the replacement. It won’t be here for over a month but at least they’re doing it. I think maybe because this is their ONLY 100k vehicle, the folks at the factory have lower standards. I know I didn’t have this many QC issues with my 14 limited and it was less than half the price.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The dealership said no to replacing it so I started a case with FCA. They said I had to take it back to the dealership to have it looked at but when I brought it back, the dealership approved the replacement. It won’t be here for over a month but at least they’re doing it. I think maybe because this is their ONLY 100k vehicle, the folks at the factory have lower standards. I know I didn’t have this many QC issues with my 14 limited and it was less than half the price.
So what happens when the new one does the same thing?? Mine looks like **** to. I have a 2016 Z06 and the leather looks brand new with 13,000 miles on it. I only have 1600 miles on my TrackHawk and again it looks like ****..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to see that. I’m 4 mos in with the same seats, and mine has fine lines in the same direction, but no cracks. I’m 185 pounds and drive daily. I would insist on a new seat. The stock leather was crap, not fine Corinthian leather, when your seat was made, and they should change it without aggravation or BS.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Summit and TH both did this. I won't bring it back because I think it is a materials choice issue and not a manufacturing defect.

·
Super Moderator
2,244 Posts
This Jeep sits higher than my Linited did due to the air suspension and with the bolstered seats, I’m having to either drag my butt the rest of the way across the seat or lift up and scoot over. I figured dragging across is going to wear more so I’ve been making a conscious effort to lift and scoot. Maybe this is the source of wear you guys are seeing?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would caution anyone with a leather or delicate seating surfaces to examine their jeans or pants as a potential culprit in accelerated seat wear. Many jeans are constructed with copper rivets on their rear or side pocket corners. Some shorts or pants have button down flaps on their rear pockets utilizing metal or hard plastic buttons. They all have a tendency to wear out or cut the seating surfaces, particularly seats with side bolsters. A pocket knife clip or IWB holster belt clips can ruin your seats, too. I have made this mistake in the past, but, I am much more cognizant of my clothing/ accessory choices today.
I make sure that my shirt is untucked, at the very least, In order to insulate from any protrusion. I also shift CC hardware so it doesn’t dig into or compress the seat cushions. I even relocate my wallet on longer trips to the armrest, just to reduce pressure on my butt cheek and seat foam.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah my driver seat is the same i also have the nappa and suede. Im very dissappointed in the leather the bottom bolster likes like its a 5year old car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts