• AWE

• KOOKS

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are several non stock exhaust options. If you could take a minute and select the exhaust type you are running and why, it would be much appreciated and hopefully helpful to other members on the fence about a non stock exhaust. Also if you are just planning to stay stock. I have been considering a non stock exhaust but still continue to enjoy the stock exhaust.
Thanks in advance.

1. Borla
2. Stainless Works
3. GTHaus
4. Solo
5. Corsa
6. Other
7. Stock

·
Registered
130 Posts
GTHaus love it great sound and top notch quality. adjustable valves are also very nice especially when the MRS is riding along :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have changed the exhaust on about every vehicle I have owned. I wont be changing the TH because IMO it already sounds great.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am stock - for now...

I just did some looking on the interwebs, and OP chime in if you know something I missed, but there does NOT appear to be an exhaust for the TH by Corsa or Solo yet. On the Corsa site there is an R&D section where you can volunteer your vehicle for them to test on. I have heard similar programs for other manufacturers, but they do keep the vehicle for a while. There is usually an incentive for the donor vehicle.

The aftermarket options sound pretty good but there are many variables such as no cats or stock, headers or stock, etc.

I definitely like the GTHaus with the titanium tips (yikes +$998) because of the electronic valve option.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Stainlessworks catback makes it sound like a 700 HP muscle car should. If you don’t like loud and borderline obnoxious (under load) then don’t get it. Cold starts are AMAZING!!!! It makes $hit rattle in my house until it warms up.

Stock was good under load but idle noise was weak IMO. I wanted more low-load sound and I got it with the SW. But that automatically comes with a lot more under-load screaming (which I didn’t exactly want). Overall I’m happy. The nuts and bolts SW sent with the kit were junk. They somehow seized on as if the threads weren’t matched and I had to cut them off with a cutting wheel. I put on some higher quality hardware and all was good to go.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am stock - for now...

I just did some looking on the interwebs, and OP chime in if you know something I missed, but there does NOT appear to be an exhaust for the TH by Corsa or Solo yet. On the Corsa site there is an R&D section where you can volunteer your vehicle for them to test on. I have heard similar programs for other manufacturers, but they do keep the vehicle for a while. There is usually an incentive for the donor vehicle.

The aftermarket options sound pretty good but there are many variables such as no cats or stock, headers or stock, etc.

I definitely like the GTHaus with the titanium tips (yikes +$998) because of the electronic valve option.
I tried to include most of the options discussed so far on the forum. Now with that said, there was a thread regarding Solo which indicated there is an option. As to a thread regarding Corsa, it would appear that there will not be an exhaust for the TH offered.

The most interesting option so far has been the stock exhaust, which does give me some faith with regards to FCA.

And many thanks to all who have participated so far!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have changed the exhaust on about every vehicle I have owned. I wont be changing the TH because IMO it already sounds great.
I second this. I have 9,500 miles on my Hawk and it continues to sound great. The more carbon buildup on the pipes makes me think I'll keep the stock exhaust. I don't want drone and my SRT had Borla which was great but I wasn't impressed this time around with their sound clips for the TH.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put solo exhaust on the hawk and every single day I get compliments on the sound. There is no drone and no welding! I went to the shop in buffalo and they installed easily. The system is designed specifically for the hawk and mounts using factory hangers. The sound is mean and the way it should sound. They reused the factory tips as well.
From a price perspective, one of the better values in my opinion as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think it sounded like extremely powerful farts stock, however I have nothing against extremely powerful farts, especially my own. ;). the burble at idle was nice but too quiet all I could hear was supercharger rattle unless behind the vehicle. now I think its up there with the best sounding suv (jag and merc) on the market ever. but the windy, airy, noise thru midrange and the undefined WOT note wasn't for me, to me it needed more depth especially at idle and WOT. I knew I wanted more but wasn't worth the sacrifice of drone. now once again I like the stock exhaust, but especially during shits, after a quick rip around people would ask me what the fart noise between shifts was about. thats all gone now. I did keep my stock exhaust and it would take 30 minutes to switch em back for a long road trip or something (have a lift).

I went magna flow for srt for under 1k, this was about a month before Borla released the s type unit or I may have bitten the bullet and gone that route. but the magna flow gave me what I was looking for. more at idle more at wot, deeper all around, bark noises instead of fart noises and nothing "windy" or "airy" about the noise now, its just mean. not too loud, drone increase is minimal but if your uber sensitive you'll notice that slight increase at normal drone spots like being high gear low speed with load. or cruising at 90 mph.

you should put the magna flow unit on the list. id debate its the best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My TH was at Borla for 5 weeks and 3 different systems they were very picky in the drone they got from the SRT system they finally made a system similar to the Hellcat system with front Atak or S-Type mufflers X pipe and drone chambers all in 3" I had all 3 systems on my TH
1. 2.75" SRT had drone did not like it
2. 3" Atak sounded great loud more in cab sound than S-Type
3. 3" S-Type deeper sound than Atak less in cab sound almost stock inside but deep outside was my favorite and is what I am running now.

Reactions: tdishon

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My TH was at Borla for 5 weeks and 3 different systems they were very picky in the drone they got from the SRT system they finally made a system similar to the Hellcat system with front Atak or S-Type mufflers X pipe and drone chambers all in 3" I had all 3 systems on my TH
1. 2.75" SRT had drone did not like it
2. 3" Atak sounded great loud more in cab sound than S-Type
3. 3" S-Type deeper sound than Atak less in cab sound almost stock inside but deep outside was my favorite and is what I am running now.
Thank you for your insight. It was very helpful and insightful.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it sounded like extremely powerful farts stock, however I have nothing against extremely powerful farts, especially my own. ;). the burble at idle was nice but too quiet all I could hear was supercharger rattle unless behind the vehicle. now I think its up there with the best sounding suv (jag and merc) on the market ever. but the windy, airy, noise thru midrange and the undefined WOT note wasn't for me, to me it needed more depth especially at idle and WOT. I knew I wanted more but wasn't worth the sacrifice of drone. now once again I like the stock exhaust, but especially during shits, after a quick rip around people would ask me what the fart noise between shifts was about. thats all gone now. I did keep my stock exhaust and it would take 30 minutes to switch em back for a long road trip or something (have a lift).

I went magna flow for srt for under 1k, this was about a month before Borla released the s type unit or I may have bitten the bullet and gone that route. but the magna flow gave me what I was looking for. more at idle more at wot, deeper all around, bark noises instead of fart noises and nothing "windy" or "airy" about the noise now, its just mean. not too loud, drone increase is minimal but if your uber sensitive you'll notice that slight increase at normal drone spots like being high gear low speed with load. or cruising at 90 mph.

you should put the magna flow unit on the list. id debate its the best bang for your buck.
Thank you for your input for magna. Yes, I would have put magna on the list if the old brain would have remembered it.:surprise:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Big fan of the Magnaflow for the TH.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Im a big fan of mid muffler delete. No need to spend $1500 on a muffler just for the noise it makes. $200 at the muffler shop to cut out the mid muffler and straight pipe to the stock resonators. Take the muffler $ you saved and do engine work that will actually give more horses... just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts