• AWE

• KOOKS

Results are only viewable after voting.
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I went back and opened up the poll for exhausts, added some new ones. This gives AWE to participate and will see how it will stack up against other vendors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Magnaflow cat back. Not a fan of the raspy tone from the stock exhaust. It’s now much deeper and arguably quieter in certain RPMs and frequencies.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I voted for stock...however, if I eventually change my mind I'd most likely go with the AWE. I like the sound. It may be their H-pipe setup that sounds good to me.

I had a 2016 JGC SRT prior to the TH and put a Borla S-Type catback on it. Personally, I thought it was a bit too loud. Also, their was a noticeable drop in low-end torque. I'm not sure that I'd do an exhaust again without a tune. The sound of the Borla on the SRT was really nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can someone summarize exhaust options that come with a electronically actuated exhaust flap? For those who are too lazy to search...

I want stock exhaust noise levels (or quieter) that can morph into loud and perhaps obnoxious at a press of a button.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can someone summarize exhaust options that come with a electronically actuated exhaust flap? For those who are too lazy to search...
I want stock exhaust noise levels (or quieter) that can morph into loud and perhaps obnoxious at a press of a button.
There's the GT HAUS and the QTP SCREAMER. Solis Racing has both. I think they have videos up for them as well...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm torn between Solo and AWE. They both have an H-pipe. The Solo has the J-pipe as well that you can use to "tune" the exhaust or take it off to be straight through. The AWE has their 180 tech and the option to swap that rear muffler out. Interesting dilemma to have and great to see more options.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Been browsing for electronically actuated exhaust flap and came across JEGS site. I have no
personal experience with type of setup, so some else might be able to provide you with assistance.

JEGS Electric Exhaust Cutouts | JEGS

Short video with installed example:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Been browsing for electronically actuated exhaust flap and came across JEGS site. I have no
personal experience with type of setup, so some else might be able to provide you with assistance.

JEGS Electric Exhaust Cutouts | JEGS

Short video with installed example:
People have been running cutouts like that for years. Brands vary but all do the same thing. I used QTP and was not happy with them, lost a motor once, stripped gear on another, etc. GTHaus uses QTP cutouts in the exhausts as well. A lot of people have had great success with them as well. If you go that route, install them after the cats to avoid a CEL.

·
Registered
141 Posts
installed my Magnaflow last night. Couldn't be happier.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts