Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cv boot leak. Will it be covered under warranty if I have lowering springs but that wheel always in spec?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a Cv boot leak. Will it be covered under warranty if I have lowering springs but that wheel always in spec?

I would say not since you have added the lowering springs unless you have a good relationship with the dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a good relationship with them. I took a closer look, boot is pristine and metal clamps are tight and intact. Another member on another forum said his boot released from axle and was covered by warranty. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I already had the struts and half axles replaced and my front end just starting clicking again when making sharp turns. Don't let them say no. They know that they have problems with these trucks.

I feel bad for the guys who modded these as they are going to be problems for them in the future.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already had the struts and half axles replaced and my front end just starting clicking again when making sharp turns. Don't let them say no. They know that they have problems with these trucks.

I feel bad for the guys who modded these as they are going to be problems for them in the future.

Are you stock? If they don’t cover mine under warranty I will go back to stock and sell my eibach special edition springs. Can’t have this happen every “x” amount of miles as I bought a warranty for a reason.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Are you stock? If they don’t cover mine under warranty I will go back to stock and sell my eibach special edition springs. Can’t have this happen every “x” amount of miles as I bought a warranty for a reason.
If they don’t cover it they'll void your warranty I thought. Which means you don’t have one from that point on. What am I missing?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don’t believe your entire warranty gets voided, just anything related to the mods done.
So if you mod your engine up to say 1100 hp and then blow your transmission they’d cover it under that logic cause you left the tranny stock. Which they obviously wouldn’t cover in that scenario, so it seems like that would be somewhat subjective then, if that’s really how it works.

·
Super Moderator
2,306 Posts
No, I think a little more common sense needs to be applied. For example: if you modify the intake and the motor on your power seat fails. The two are unrelated and therefore your seat motor would be covered. If you modify your powertrain by adding extra horsepower, then likely you have lost your entire powertrain warranty, including the transmission as it is a direct component affected by the modification.

I’m reality, I think the dealership has a lot of leeway as to what it will cover if the vehicle is modified. Best to be nice and calm (at least at first) and see if they’ll cover it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Got it. I’ve left mine stock to be safe. I chipped a Typhoon for some extra hp, which cost me 13k or so to replace the blown engine just a few months later. That stung. It was in 1993 that happened, and I’m still leary about any performance mods after that debacle, and that was 2 and a half decades ago.

·
Super Moderator
2,306 Posts
NEVER BUY A CHIP!!! What you need is a VERY qualified tuner that understands the platform they are tuning. If you have a LS, you go to a LS shop. If you have a mustang, you go to a mustang shop. There are two major problems with tuning the TH.
1. It’s a new platform which means the proficiency level isn’t going to be where you want it with the vast majority of tuners. These guys are on forums too, trying to figure this stuff out.
2. It’s a new platform so there are going to be issues from the manufacturer, just like with every other new model.

IMO, wait at least 12-18 months for the bugs to get worked out on both sides and then see what other people have done and found out, then make your decision from there. Any amount of tuning is going to remove safety margins, the more power you make, the less margin there is for error. It CAN be done safely and reliably but not by just anyone.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I was in college at the time, and looking for the cheap performance upgrade. I’ve learned my lesson that that’s not the way to go. I’ll probably hold off for a long while. If there isn’t a Demon version TH to upgrade to at some point in the future, then maybe I’ll go the mod route sometime down the road. I’m fine with 707 hp for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts