Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So most of you know FCA gave me a new Trackhawk because of all of the problems that I'd had. So today #2 811 miles goes in with Cylinder 8 Misfire code on the diagnostic center read out and the vehicle is vibrating real bad on start up until it runs for 30 to 40 seconds. Anyone else?

·
Registered
55 Posts
So most of you know FCA gave me a new Trackhawk because of all of the problems that I'd had. So today #2 811 miles goes in with Cylinder 8 Misfire code on the diagnostic center read out and the vehicle is vibrating real bad on start up until it runs for 30 to 40 seconds. Anyone else?
I read your thread about the mysterious thud leading to TH #2, and having another major issue with the drivetrain is mind blowing. I'm glad you have a good relationship with the dealer - cylinder misfire after 811 miles would make me want a refund or TH #3. This is another lemon if they can't get it PERFECT in 5 business days. Sorry for your situation, and I hope and trust FCA will rise to the occasion again with minimal aggravation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
wow that is real scary. i wonder if anyone else has had the experience that things like this usually show up pretty quickly or not at all? i've had plenty of first month issues, but usually if they make it through break in perioud, they're solid for a good life

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm guessing it is something very simple the dealer can diagnose and rectify. Bad plug, bad coil, etc. It is amplified (understandably so) because you already had a serious issue with TH #1, but the dealer will get this resolved quickly, I would imagine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing it is something very simple the dealer can diagnose and rectify. Bad plug, bad coil, etc. It is amplified (understandably so) because you already had a serious issue with TH #1, but the dealer will get this resolved quickly, I would imagine.
Let's Hope so If not I'm done for sure!

·
Registered
411 Posts
That is ridiculous. This should be an "easy" fix, given your history... they can have it back!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell FCA to give you a Demon and call it even.
I'm going to say that some of you may have had luck with the Trackhawk. To me give me a GMC Denali and fiat can kiss my a**. This is the worse bunch of crap I have ever purchased. Two have been lemons with less than 850 on both and major problems. FCA can't hang with GM, I'm sorry to those of you I offend but these Trackhawks should be named ChickenHawks. Jeep is Junk.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I’m at 1800 miles and counting with no issues. I guess I’m one of the lucky ones. Two lemons in a row, those are some long odds.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Tell me about It!
Maybe mine is very limited. Lol

And to think I was complaining about a squeaky passenger seat (which went away after a while) and an air bubble in my front passenger glass window upon delivery. Tell ‘em you’ll take the one with the air bubble in the window next time, for your third Trackhawk! These things will be quite limited at the rate you’re trashing them! :grin2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe mine is very limited. Lol

And to think I was complaining about a squeaky passenger seat (which went away after a while) and an air bubble in my front passenger glass window upon delivery. Tell ‘em you’ll take the one with the air bubble in the window next time, for your third Trackhawk! These things will be quite limited at the rate you’re trashing them! :grin2:
LMAO, They are walking on thin air! The first one had a squeaky passenger seat also, I wish that was all that squeaked.

·
Registered
695 Posts
LMAO, They are walking on thin air! The first one had a squeaky passenger seat also, I wish that was all that squeaked.
Your squeak would’ve gone away in a 1000 miles or so, mine did. But it never got the chance to.

I’d make FCA build me a one off wide body Demonized Trackhawk if I was in your shoes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
**** man, this is crazy! Two bad TH's and now a third on the line. I have no major issues with my TH yet. The only one so far is the mystery "clunk" but it seems to have died down and/or about gone away now.

Reactions: Steelers

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am surprised how the door and trim fit on mine is so poor. My GM vehicles certainly have better fit and finish but lack HP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2017 RAM P/U had better quality control than my Trackhawk. I would think FCA will have a better handle on these in 2019.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts