Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was a test mule for DDR to make the carbon fiber system for the track hawk and the results were unbelievable!!!! Everyone’s jaw dropped when we saw the numbers just from the intake alone, this truck is really restricted when it comes to airflow the pictures speak for themselves

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow! 40hp from intake thats nice :) What keeps the filter protected from water coming in the hood vent?

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's really impressive from just an intake and filter. I would've thought that the factory ductwork directly to the outside would produce more power than an open-element under the hood (heat.)

Does your system eliminate the performance pages gauge for intake air temperature?

If the gauge still functions, do you have data to give us a "before" and "after" delta, under similar conditions?

Also, is it possible to post a video clip of the intake sound at WOT, from inside the car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Black Track, that was my initial question as well. But if you look close, it would appear that they have definitely made a shield around the unit. My only fear looking at it the way it appears that it would sit directly under the hood vent and be subject to direct water intake. I have seen a few youtube videos pertaining to similar intakes where they actually have a piece of plastic that goes on the inside of the vent to prevent water intrusion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's really impressive from just an intake and filter. I would've thought that the factory ductwork directly to the outside would produce more power than an open-element under the hood (heat.)

Does your system eliminate the performance pages gauge for intake air temperature?

If the gauge still functions, do you have data to give us a "before" and "after" delta, under similar conditions?

Also, is it possible to post a video clip of the intake sound at WOT, from inside the car?

Thanks!
Hi the performance pages work normally nothing was eliminated, unfortunately I don’t have any before or after yet as this is still a prototype and we’re still testing it, the intake is huge at 140mm it’s a beast compared to the stock intake as for the water going into the intake I don’t think that’s going to be a problem I’ve had similar setups on different cars without any problems, and the owner of DDR has a GCSRT8 that utilizes a similar setup on his car and he took it over to Switzerland for a year with no problems at all you can always have a sock over the filter element if you want the extra protection. I’ll ask him if he will consider doing one with a closed box and see what he says.

I’ll post a video at WOT tomorrow as it’s 12 am here but I’ll post today’s dyno run as soon as I figure out how to add YouTube videos

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks for the info, Biggie27. We are looking forward to all the results!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks for that piece of info, Kodiakz.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Thanks!
Ummm yeah.... about that factory "duct work" All it does is blow air from the drivers corner towards to opening of the bottom of the factory air box. It's not sealed into the factory air box whatsoever.It sits about 2 inches from the bottom opening of the air box.

The HP gained in this thread isn't probably the actual number. You can strap a vehicle down differently on the dyno and see gains. Unless the dyno was done same day and not being unstrapped, it's null and void IMO. When we did mine we saw about a 20rwhp gain which is to be expected. That's what most companies saw in the Hellcats. We took the stock intake off on the dyno and swapped them. This was the 2nd time dyno'ing the Jeep. First time the numbers were quite lower. Second time, they were higher due to the back tires being more on the top of the rollers vs slightly on the down side of the front of the rollers.

First off.... I am by no means bashing this companies intake or the OP. No way. Looks like a nice piece. Just trying to explain some things for y'all that's all. This was my 2nd dyno session below testing stock, intake, and cat back unbolted. First time we dyno'd it we got 530rwhp(I was pissed Lol). Just don't get your hopes up expecting a monster gain when you only see a 20-30rwhp gain. Congrats to the OP on his new found toy. You'll love it. The whine is fantastic!!

Attachments

Reactions: Broken98

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well shoot! Lets get a group buy on these bad boys! How long before they have them in production? rough guess on final cost?

·
Registered
531 Posts
8sec: Thanks for the clarification. I have not looked at the routing/connections of what I thought was fully ducted.
WTF didn't Jeep do it the right way?

BTW: On an 80 degree ambient day, on the freeway, I'm consistently seeing air inlet temps of 68-70 degrees. Howzat happen? Is the gauge FUBAR?

(OK, enough abbreviations! Ha.)

·
Registered
531 Posts
My bad...I was referring to intercooler temp, not inlet temp. I get it. Never mind.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My bad...I was referring to intercooler temp, not inlet temp. I get it. Never mind.
Yeah my buddy driving mine on the dyno did the same thing. Lol. I was like there's no way in **** the intake temp is that low. He was like I'm looking right at it. Lol. He's an LS guy..... nuff said.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Really? Can't say h e double hockey sticks in here? Weak sauce.....

·
Registered
531 Posts
8sec: Agreed.
So on this site, what happens if we try to write **** Cat as two words. (I know that's grammatically incorrect, but just testing to see what gets our wrist slapped.)

Reactions: 8SecTurboJeep

·
Registered
531 Posts
OK, there's my answer. That's lame. It's the name of the freaking car.

The nanny state continues.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts