Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking of selling my Trackhawk and getting a "normal" vehicle. I barely drove the thing this past year and it may be time to let it go. I test drove another Jeep yesterday and gave the dealer my info. They offered me $80k sight unseen. I bought the Trackhawk from them in 2019 and traded in two excellent vehicles.

My Trackhawk is a 2018, stock, black, highly optioned, with ~3000 mi. Sticker price was $98k. Is $80k reasonable? I didn't get this in writing but I'm thinking they will honor it.

I've been toying with the idea of putting it on Cars & Bids but I'm not sure it'll go for more than what they offered. One nice thing about a dealer is the convenience. They would cut me a check for the balance and I wouldn't have to pay sales tax on my new vehicle. Both pluses in my book.

Looking for some advice. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I thought @ROCKETW19. Just making sure. (y)

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
343 Posts
I can relate to the not driving it much. But, you're offered $18K less than sticker.
I need to look up what sticker on it was, but I think the offer I just got from a dealer (as a straight sale) is over MSRP.
That's for a low optioned '20 with about 2,500 miles.
In other words, you may be able to do even better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow @Jimmy N., they offered you more than MSRP!?! I've never made money on a vehicle sale. The dealer said the used car market is hot right now.

My mom just bought out her lease (2019 Cherokee) and got it for $6k less than market value. Great deal!

I ended up paying less than the sticker price on my Trackhawk so it's even less of a loss.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Wow @Jimmy N., they offered you more than MSRP!?! I've never made money on a vehicle sale. The dealer said the used car market is hot right now.

My mom just bought out her lease (2019 Cherokee) and got it for $6k less than market value. Great deal!

I ended up paying less than the sticker price on my Trackhawk so it's even less of a loss.
well I can offer you 1 million bucks. Problem is its just a offer we all know the dealers are dirt bags and will lie just to get you in the door. Jimmy is like me all talk he isnt selling his so we will never know. We like to think we will sell them but we wont.
if yours is for sale take it down and see if the 80 is real. your crazy to not take it. Like I said can you get more maybe but at what cost and how much more? I hate people and I hate people that cry over a buck you will have to deal with all that and the send me picture guys also I hate them just as much. I take my cars to carmax and just leave them the extra few bucks is not worth the drama to me.\It may be to you? that your choice to make.
Same with buying a car I am not going to argue all day for a few bucks if its a fair deal I am buying it I dont care if you got your 5K cheaper

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well put @ROCKETW19. I hope they honor the "verbal" offer. I've been eBaying stuff here lately and I know what you mean about the wheeler dealers out there and all the nit picky and off the wall questions you get. It would probably be 10 times worse for a vehicle, especially one like this.

I'm looking for convenience, so it'll probably go back to the dealer I purchased it from. Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it!

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
39 Posts
If they offer $80 sight unseen, then ask for $85 and squeeze a few more bucks out of them, especially since it doesnt sound like you need to be selling. You hold the control here

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wow @Jimmy N., they offered you more than MSRP!?! I've never made money on a vehicle sale.
I've made a fair amount of money on vehicles, but this would be the first time on one I bought new.

Although, after looking at the sticker just now, I remembered wrong. It was $90,080, so while still making money after paying $82K and change, getting 87K is not more than sticker. Sorry.

well I can offer you 1 million bucks. Problem is its just a offer we all know the dealers are dirt bags and will lie just to get you in the door.
I was wondering about that. I figured I'd be trailering it about 500 miles to the dealer, so it'd be a long day. And what if they say "Nah, we'll only pay..." once I get there?

Well, they said they'd take care of the transport. That saves me a day, and fuel costs, plus wear and tear on the tow vehicle and trailer. I suppose they could still try to weasel out of the contract, or not send the check.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just asked my dealer for the heck of it and the '20s are going for mid to upper 90s cause THs are hard to come by right now. I love my TH, but an opportunity to make a couple of bucks might be tempting.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
how many miles are on it? 85k might not be too much of an ask
Damn I just seen he has 3000 miles you might be correct 85K isnt that far off but it is a dealer they have to make money also. but you never know.
mine has 30K (guestimate) in extras only 13K miles I would of sold mine for 85k 2 weeks ago now I am spending more on maybe not I gonna drive it smile I have more money then smiles lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts