Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger last week on a 2020 TH. I want to make a list of requests for the dealer prior to the car arriving after some things I wasn't happy about with my 17 Charger. Curious what people make requests on with their new cars/trucks:

1. Don't drill the front bumper for a plate. I live in MA and we need a front plate but planning on going the Sho-n-go route.

2. Don't wash or wax the car. Plan is to take it for CeramicPro.

3. Nobody drive it? I don't know what exactly to say about this to the dealer; how many miles would you expect to be on the TH when it arrives off the truck? My new Changer ended up with almost 80 miles on it; was told this was done at the factory but find that hard to believe. I just worry when I see youtube videos of dealers allowing vloggers to take a spin in a car and they are hammering it with no break in done.

4. Make sure the accessories stay in the car; heard people pilfer the stainless pedals etc.

What else?

·
Registered
67 Posts
My dealer refused to drill the bumper for the plate. Gave me the "kit" and said I could do it if I wanted, but they weren't gonna do it to a truck this expensive.

Agree with not having the high school kid in the back wash the truck.

Mine had 14 miles on it when I went to look at it, had 15 when I picked it up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My dealer normally doesn't drill the bumper on SRTs or THs. Miles can vary but 80 is way too much. I picked up my TH and it had 5 miles on it, which makes sense driving from assembly line, storage lots, trains, truck, etc. The stainless pedals are to be installed by the dealer, if someone takes them prior, the dealer needs to replace them before delivery unless something else is arranged with you. My dealer has a great detailer, so it didn't bother me for them to wash/wax it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
14 miles on mine, pedals in box, if they put any dealer decals on it I have them remove...I asked for some jeep swag for my son...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Some vehicle have mileage from factory quality control, mine had 6 miles and paperwork that reflected it. I would try to be there when it comes off the trailer and save all paperwork that came with delivery. No decals or dealer badges. Try and persuade them out of items in stock at the parts department like swag, dash mat, truck mat, wheel locks etc...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think that is a good list so far but I would say you cannot be specific enough. You know most of these guys hear what you say and it goes in one ear and out the other. I have had written on work orders do not wash and what do they do ? Of course. Some of these things will be out of their ordinary routine so again just make it crystal clear. I would even go as far as say do not even wipe the vehicle down inside or out. Don’t touch the paint!

As far as the QA mileage...mine had some miles on it which I was surprised too but they said it was the QA at the factory. And there was a sticker on the drivers window. Max 65 miles says the sticker. Mine is an 2018.

Good luck and tell us how they do on your list !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
sounds about what I did to mine. They are all driven (just THs) after assembly at the plant for a final road test. Only a few miles, but on the city streets. I am having a vinyl decal of my plate made so I can stick in on the front bumper instead of drilling. It will be reflective just like a license plate. I am told by a lawyer that it would be legal - easy to peel off and replace. Whoever does your ceramic will wash and buff out before they do the coating so washing shouldn't be an issue. I also had the front end, hood, rockers etc. covered in clear wrap.

·
Banned
391 Posts
They are all driven (just THs) after assembly at the plant for a final road test. Only a few miles, but on the city streets.
I can only hope that the streets were dry on the 23rd, then.
There will be enough salt spray from the train ride, and most likely also the last leg, from the railroad hub to the dealer.

Why do I always have to order vehicles in the late fall?!? I'm a slow learner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. Jeep cam off the truck today at dealer and I’m going to pickup Saturday. I’m a little nervous about it sitting there a whole day tomorrow!

Left factory 12/23 and delivery to dealer 12/26. Not bad for holiday week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.