Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a sanity check here. I put my TH in to get a towbar fitted with the dealer. The Jeep site says 4 hours, the dealer had said it takes all day and when I arrived they said they'd need it for two days to install it properly but agreement to do it at the 4 hour charge. I put the car in Valet wrote down the mileage 3188 and left it with them. Came back the next afternoon, job done, all good, car clean.

Except it was out of Valet mode and the mileage was 3140. Didn't get a photo so the mileage may have been 3138 and I wrote it down wrong. Can the dealer change the mileage and turn valet off? Did someone take it hoe for the night or more likely am I just paranoid from leaving my baby in the dealers hands for the first time?

Love to hear any comments or experience in this area.

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
If you disconnect the battery like you would to wire up the trailer harness, it will take it out of valet mode.

·
Super Moderator
1,249 Posts
no way will they even if they can turn back miles. You probably wrote it down wrong. I wouldn't worry about the dodge dealer driving your TH they have access to them all. Yes its fast but its just a TH no one is trying to keep you car to drive.

·
Super Moderator
1,249 Posts
hope you feel better at least? I wont bring mine to dealer for anything other then a complete failure. I like you just dont trust them to do anything other then change the oil and I dont even do that I prefer to pay the 100 bucks and goto my local shop instead of free oil change from dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts