Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! Hehehe. I'm here because I want to learn something about the Trackhawk that I don't already know. Looking forward to exciting conversation and much mutual 707 ownership respect. I currently own a ♡BEAUTIFUL 2018 Charger ♡Hellcat and don't want anything except my comfortable fast car. The little piece of mountain I live on shows my babies weakness on snowy or icy days. So, big decisions are in the future and Trackhawk is at the top of my list! Heck, might even boost it on up to 1000 hp. More interesting, more fun, more thrill. LOVE 6.2 Liter supercharged HEMI.!!! Thanks folks!

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
The quality is way less than I would’ve thought, lots of defects from factory. I’ve been to two different jeep dealerships now, both completely inept. Both overfilled the oil when they changed it. FCA is notoriously horrible about warranties. This week they invalidated my warranty bumper to bumper because I modified the engine. They’re refusing to fix panels I noted and tried to have fixed 18 months ago.

IF it works, it’s a lot of fun but if you have problems then you are probably on your own.

·
Banned
362 Posts
The quality is way less than I would’ve thought, lots of defects from factory. I’ve been to two different jeep dealerships now, both completely inept. Both overfilled the oil when they changed it. FCA is notoriously horrible about warranties. This week they invalidated my warranty bumper to bumper because I modified the engine. They’re refusing to fix panels I noted and tried to have fixed 18 months ago.

IF it works, it’s a lot of fun but if you have problems then you are probably on your own.
I've been fortunate that I've never had to take any of my Jeeps in for warranty work. However, I can certainly understand them voiding the engine (and entire drive train) warranty because you modified your engine, but not the entire warranty. That doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We own a 2015 GC SRT and it has been one of the best car we ever owned (including Germans and Japanese).
Fit and finish is very good, 50K on the odo and 5 years, other than the easily scheduled recall services, no problem. Very pleased of how the car is aging, thick paint, no rattle whatsoever, no sagging of the seat bolstering.

The TH upper door panel and dashboard leather has improved compared to my SRT and if you get the full leather package (5 grand which includes the Laguna leather seats) I can tell you with a straight face and you need to step in a 150K+ Germanmobile to find nicer interior...heck Audi asks 3 grand for an Alcantara headliner in an RS7 which last year stickered at $129.000...unbelievable.

I spent this weekend test driving potential alternatives to the TH for my wife next ride (the GC SRT is hers) and let me tell you that the 80K+ Audi, Mercedes and Alfa Romeo (Stelvio Quadrifoglio) interiors felt quite a bit cheap compared to the TH or even my GC SRT in some regard.

The other side of the coin is the dreadful dealer experience, at the FCA showrooms you deal usually with incompetent, ranging from unmotivated to first class hustlers salespeople used to sell Darts and Journeys not high performance luxury cars and every time you car is in for service you have to fight for a loaner or a rental (often I have to "threat" to call the SRT Customer Service to remind them that SRT owners are entitled loaners)...but, again, you are getting an unbelievable amount of value for the money...when I said to the Audi salesperson that the RS5 interior seemed a bit cheap to me in some areas compared to the TH he was puzzled....but it is the truth....

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aw. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. Next time, don't modify. If you choose to modify, remember warranties don't cover mods or issues related to them. That will be helpful to you.

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I test drove the Alfa Romeo Stelvio and have to agree with you. Nothing can compare to my Hellcat so far.

Still haven't checked out the Trackhawk though! My Hellcat has the Laguna leather seats, vented and heated, heated steering wheel, you know - all the perks of course. It's luxury without the massage! And that ride! I love it!

Stelvio, you hear everything outside. If you want it to sound good as you pass people you have to use the paddle shifters (if you know how). It's tiny. Awkward. Not a fan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts