Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Demon D4X Build & Results

7K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Upyours24 
#1 ·
So @gut_2727 decided to take us up on our D4X package here at Demon. He and I both got a little carried away. Here's what happened.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
These are D4X numbers on the same dyno, on different days, different conditions. The higher Tq number graph is after the FIInterchiller was installed. We never sprayed it on the dyno either. We'll leave your imaginations to figure out what it makes on the full shot ;) The 871/895 dyno was with 17" beadlocks on the rear and 20" drag radials on the front. That probably cost us about 40awhp. The 882/855 was on the OEM 20" wheels and tires.

Attachments

#3 ·
I would take some of the on-board numbers with a grain of salt but let's just say most is close to the track slip. 60ft is way off, rather in the 1.40s. 1/8 mph makes no sense but I guess that's a known issue. These results were from a 100* day at VMP a few weekends back. Fueled by Demon ;)

Time to see what it'll do during the cooler months!

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
So this is our D4X package. It runs just under 10k all in, installed tuned, dyno tested etc. On pump, the package makes 820-830AWHP avg from all the ones we've built to date. Some even as high as 840s with an FIIinterchiller installed! The X add on is a couple more PSI with our race gas cal and supporting components needed to change over to this combo. It makes just shy of 900/900 AWHP/AWTQ and runs low 10s all day. This particular vehicle has some add ons however. FI Interchiller, a sick nitrous setup, beadlock drag wheels out back, suspension parts, etc. Stock engine, stock trans, stock drivetrain however.

I don’t buy any of those times. You’d have essentially the fastest car on the planet if these numbers are legit.
There are radial drag cars that run under 1.08 60fts and over 182 in the 1/8 mile. Those cars run bottom 4s and high 3s in the 1/8th however. Promods and better run faster than this.

I never said all those times were accurate, but some are very close. The 60', the 0-60, 1/8 mile trap MPH are all off. The rest are pretty much on point.

Nuts that these trucks are trapping 140+mph already ... lol

5200+lb truck 9.8@140mph. That just sounds silly even saying it.

F-ing awesome. That's real results.
This one is fun for sure! We'll be back at it testing with this one now that it's cooler out. The heat def slowed us down some.

It is pretty well documented that the 60' and 0-60 in highly modded TH's are not accurate with the on-board timers. I don't have an explanation for this... could be tirespin, or other variables. It's also well documented that the 1/8 mile trap speed in _many_ TH's (stock or modded) is off. However, 9s at 140+ is not unheard of in the 1/4, with all the mods done to this vehicle.

In fact, I'd say the 0-100 time, 1/8 mile ET, 1/4 mile ET and 1/4 mile trap speed are right on.

No way it did 0-60 in 1.2 and then took 3.8 seconds to reach 100mph in 5.0 seconds. But I bet it is very close to 100mph in 5.0 seconds.

Just my opinion, based on the power it puts down.

Looking forward to video at the track and subsequent time slips. :)
Yea, the on board timer is definitely buggy with some of the recordings. Like I said earlier, the 60', the 0-60, 1/8 mile trap MPH are all off. We've bested a 1.44 60' so far.

I would agree with all that.

1/4 mile trap and ET were maybe a tenth and 1 mph off for me vs track slip. Some times dead on.

1/8 trap was ridiculous high.
;)

Some have offered that the computer (for some reason, and not affecting all vehicles) is showing Km/hr vs. MPH at the 1/8 mile. This is definitely a possibility...and shows in this case. 182KPH = 113MPH. Which is about what I would expect that vehicle to do if it is running high-9s at near 140mph.
That could be the case, but I can't confirm that however. No idea where that 182 comes from.

#7 · (Edited)
It is pretty well documented that the 60' and 0-60 in highly modded TH's are not accurate with the on-board timers. I don't have an explanation for this... could be tirespin, or other variables. It's also well documented that the 1/8 mile trap speed in _many_ TH's (stock or modded) is off. However, 9s at 140+ is not unheard of in the 1/4, with all the mods done to this vehicle.

In fact, I'd say the 0-100 time, 1/8 mile ET, 1/4 mile ET and 1/4 mile trap speed are right on.

No way it did 0-60 in 1.2 and then took 3.8 seconds to reach 100mph in 5.0 seconds. But I bet it is very close to 100mph in 5.0 seconds.

Just my opinion, based on the power it puts down.

Looking forward to video at the track and subsequent time slips. :)

#15 · (Edited)
Yup, longtubes with catless mids, full catback too on this one. We can calibrate it for E85 as well, we just prefer to keep the tuning on one specific fuel and set you up with multiple tunes vs "flex". Last thing we want to see is a customer making 1000whp and getting one bad tank of e85.

The 0-60 time is comical, no way that’s anywhere near accurate. I’m still skeptical the 0-100 time is legit either, if so it’d be amongst some of the fastest cars on the planet. The quarter mile time and speed seem quite possible, but with so many other numbers wrong, who knows.

It’s a shame that FCA can’t get this computer right, especially for those spending so much additional money modding the vehicle for added performance. Only to get piss poor accuracy in the computer read outs when it comes time to test their performance increases.
So for like the 4th time, I never said the 0-60, 60', 1/8 mile mph were accurate or even close. Not sure why you keep dwelling on those figures.

If we running 6.2-6.3 @ 111-113 then the 0-100 timer isn't too far off. Remember, we're making over 1000whp on this setup. Only reason why it's not faster is the weight/aero of it plays a role up top. I can tell you the 0-60 is bottom 2s at the track on the track wheel setup and middle 2s on the OE 20"/3 seasons.

We build some pretty fast Jeeps here daily, we know what it takes for these big barns to scoot down the track. 8 and 9 second Jeeps come out of the shop here regularly. Pull 400lbs out of this vehicle and reduce some rotational mass and drag and it will probably run better than the HPE1Million dollar package did in our Jeep TH's current state of power.

Thats awesome, how big of a shot were you spraying? What do you think the weak link is? Its pretty crazy that you can spend so little to break over 1k at the engine.
It's a 150 shot on a progressive ramp with multiple cuts in place to only spray at certain points(Nitrous outlet plate kit with ProMax controller setup with all the bells and whistles). We'll give it a full zip here in the coming months to see how it'll do uncorked when cold. Then we'll build up the motor to one of our custom 400CID strokers and go TT with it.

#13 ·
The 0-60 time is comical, no way that’s anywhere near accurate. I’m still skeptical the 0-100 time is legit either, if so it’d be amongst some of the fastest cars on the planet. The quarter mile time and speed seem quite possible, but with so many other numbers wrong, who knows.

It’s a shame that FCA can’t get this computer right, especially for those spending so much additional money modding the vehicle for added performance. Only to get piss poor accuracy in the computer read outs when it comes time to test their performance increases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.