Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Demon Performance Brake System - TrackHawk

31K views 71 replies 24 participants last post by  X+ Pilot 
#1 · (Edited)
The Demon Performance brake system is a direct replacement for the OE disc. No modifications are necessary. The disc will bolt directly to the car and work with OE calipers perfectly. By upgrading your brakes with lightweight high performance replacements as opposed to a big brake kit, your factory bias is maintained as well as your ABS efficiency. Our front rotors are 30.75 lbs vs. 38.65 lbs for the stock units. The rear rotors are 17 lbs vs. 24 lbs for the stock units. This reduction in rotational and unsprung weight allows for quicker acceleration and suspension response.

The central hat section of our rotor is made from strictly U.S. sourced 6061-T6 aircraft specification aluminum. The disc is made from our own proprietary cast iron, poured in the USA and machined from start to finish for us specifically. The rotor utilizes a curved vane design, developed in racing to act as a centrifugal pump to force cooling air through the disc.

The rotor and hat have a floating mount system, which utilizes high strength alloy steel drive pins, manufactured in the USA to our own specifications and cadmium plated for a long lasting corrosion resistance. These pins take the load from braking actions while maintaining the axial and radial float between the hat and disc. The pins are secured by grade 12 cap screws with hardened washers. In order to keep the rotors from making noise when cold, the pins are mounted with anti-noise spring washers on the rotor side which allow the rotor to grow with heat expansion but eliminate the rattle and noise associated with floating rotors. This float also allows the rotor to self-center between the pads.

Once the Demon Performance brake system is in place, simply replace the cast iron rotor when needed.

$1729 for the Front Set
$1149 for replacement rotor rings/hardware

$1269 for the Rear Set
$769 for replacement rotor rings/hardware

$630 for Front Custom Compound Pads - Front

$215 for S/S Racing Pads - Rear

Brand new intermediate pad called the S/S pads for street/strip. These pads feature a hotter compound than our standard Street pads and are capable of maintaining braking efficiency up to 1000 degrees. Inevitably these will dust a little more than our Street pads and can make a little noise from time to time however with our anti noise backing plates which all pads will come with we have heard very little to no noise from these pads.

Comparatively the S/S pads perform very similarly to the Ferodo DS2500's, a pad which we have had very good luck with in the past.

$175 for Street Pads - Rear

Street Pads are the solution to your squeaky, dusty, expensive factory pads. They have less dust than typical factory pads and much less than typical performance pads. You won't be cleaning your wheels nearly as often. Additionally, they have great initial bite, something most less expensive pads are lacking. But the real reason people like our pads so much is they are the "silver bullet" to brake noise problems. Street pads are a semi-metallic composition that is easy on the rotors and the wallet. We recommend always replacing pads as a whole car set when switching compounds. All street pads come with our anti-noise shields pre-installed, included in the price. When comparison shopping, be sure to notice the quality of our components. Any questions, give us a call, we're happy to help!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
We have to have the demand to make this happen. It's a rough undertaking for a couple sets, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities for us.

When do you anticipate "street pads" will be available for shipping.. ballpark?
thx
We're working with our pad supplier now to see what it will take to get done. I know you guys are probably more than sick of the dust and noise. Gotta love the OEM Brembos, ha!

#6 ·
Yea I know. We've been able to eliminate the dust on the HellCats and the WK2 SRT8s totally with these pad formulations with equivalent stopping power with the street pads. The SS pads are a step up from the brembos as far as performance characteristics and have minimal noise/dust as well. Great for the heavy footed driver!

#9 ·
We have SS and Street pads currently for the rears. We have neither of the fronts for the time being but we should have something in the near future. The SS is a step up from as far as performance/bite/feel goes.

To be fair... its probably me bugging you on all different platforms for the carbon ceramic rotors... I just LOVE them on my z07 vette. Cant wait to get your pads on my car thou! Ill be your test dummy for the carbon ceramics.... and those twin turbos =D
TurboHawk FTW! We're in the process of cutting the billet manifolds for them now. I'll be sure to add you to the list!

#12 ·
Bump for a revival from the dead. I'm literally waiting ONLY on Skip to let us know that the Front S/S Pads are ready, and to give us a price for them. That's all that's stopping me from ordering 4 rotors and pads and installing a complete trackhawk brake system. Any update on the availability of these?

#16 ·
Everyone is waiting on pads! Including myself...

We're working on getting the supplier to make the leap for us. Once we have some test sets in hand we'll run/approve then get the inventory rolling. We have the rotors all set now and should have a fully stocked shelf here this month for the front and rear rotors.
@JohnWGW, stopping power isn't from the rotor itself. The pad used will be the force behind the stopping power. The street pads we offer are equivalent to the OE Brembos as far as performance is concerned without the noise and dust and the SS pads are a step up in overall stopping power with minimal noise. The weight reduction helps with quicker acceleration, steering response, less un-sprung mass, giving you a Jeep that's lighter on it's feet.

#17 ·
Everyone is waiting on pads! Including myself...

We're working on getting the supplier to make the leap for us. Once we have some test sets in hand we'll run/approve then get the inventory rolling. We have the rotors all set now and should have a fully stocked shelf here this month for the front and rear rotors.

@JohnWGW, stopping power isn't from the rotor itself. The pad used will be the force behind the stopping power. The street pads we offer are equivalent to the OE Brembos as far as performance is concerned without the noise and dust and the SS pads are a step up in overall stopping power with minimal noise. The weight reduction helps with quicker acceleration, steering response, less un-sprung mass, giving you a Jeep that's lighter on it's feet.
So your saying you have started working on my carbon ceramic rotors?!? lol jk.. Kinda....

Im deff looking to up my stopping power... i stopped driving the trackhawk for a week or two and was daily driving the corvette... Im not comparing the two at all... But man if i can get the trackhawks brakes to be 1/4 as good as the corvettes... Ill be happy.....

Help me stop faster! (Any prices on the twin turbo setup?) Thanks! (Can you turbo my z06 thanks? LOL)

Hope you guys are doing welll... Look out for my flying by on 95 on my way to florida this week! Keep in touch... I need stuff to order from Solis Racing!

#22 ·
Thanks Skip! I know you will post here as soon as they are available. I know there are many of us wanting some. I want to upgrade all 4 rotors and pads. I have already noticed rust forming on my stock front rotors after only a few months. The rears started rusting a week after I bought it.

Thanks again,
Mark

#23 ·
Front and rear 2 piece rotors are now in stock! We're working some pad manufacturers now to get the front pads worked up. I'll keep you guys updated on the progress of these as time goes on...

#35 ·
Rotors are selling like hot cakes! Only about a half dozen left in stock for now so act fast before they're gone. We'll get another order started soon but there will be a 4-5 week window until they're complete. Pads are in the works by a couple manufacturers now so we should see something on them soon.

#38 ·
Pads all set!! We will be offering them in one type for time being. It will be an aggressive street compound, so an in between of our Street pads and S/S Track pads. I'll update details in the OP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.