Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
So, 8 lbs on the front. What about the rears? I imagine even more. Edit: never mind, clicked on the link.

Girodisc OEM
30.75 lbs 38.65 lbs
17 lbs 24 lbs

·
Super Moderator
1,254 Posts
Not too shabby eh?
thats huge. I always hear people talk about the unsprung weight and how wheels make a huge difference. well that is so so so true. I put Carbon Fiber wheels on a bike and the front just wants to come up all the time and the handling is insane. I didnt really believe it untill I did it and now I know.

Will you make these drilled and slotted? I would def want some if so? I love the looks of drilled and slotted rotors and i never had a problem with any cracking either. I hope you do ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
@DemonSkip Hi, I was curious what the installation procedure is for rotors only, I just did my pads all around and while that was very easy, I have never done a complete rotor swap. Will I need to bleed the line sin order to do this?

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
Either get a friend to hold the caliper while you swap out the rotor or zip tie it out of the way. If you don’t break the brake line, then there’s no need to bleed the system.

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
Well, it depends. If you want to take this opportunity to purge and replace the brake fluid with a higher quality fluid than OEM, then you might want to. Or if you wanted to change the caliper color. But if not, then there’s no reason I know of to open the brake lines.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, it depends. If you want to take this opportunity to purge and replace the brake fluid with a higher quality fluid than OEM, then you might want to. Or if you wanted to change the caliper color. But if not, then there’s no reason I know of to open the brake lines.
Thank you both for the valued information, I greatly appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
1,254 Posts
Thank you both for the valued information, I greatly appreciate it!
I just want to see the TH when done. That was one of the first things I wanted to do and just never did it. I personally think caliper and rotors are just as important as wheels for looks. I think the stock rotors are ugly they need holes or slots to freshen them up. These damn things are so big no options for us yet besides Demon or RB. do you need rotors or just want to upgrade? if upgrade is it looks?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts