Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How has it been doing in the depreciation realm when trying to resell? How does it compare to its competitors in these metrics?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Curious: Are you buying, or selling or just asking?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious: Are you buying, or selling or just asking?
I'm in the market and thinking of buying one and holding on for 1-2 years or so. I'm new to the SUV world and never considered the Jeep brand until now. I hear that Jeeps have great resale value, etc, but I suspect that relates to the wranglers etc. Wonder how the trackhawk fares.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bought my 2018 Trackhawk Apr 2019 (Build date 12/17) dealer received Jan 2018, used as demo, when I bought it paid $20K off sticker price $95.5K with 6300 miles. I'm listed as 1st owner with the MSO paperwork. I've seen a few used model priced high $60's to high $70's not really knowing which options and condition. I usually keep all my vehicles for a long time. So I think the cost of owning one of these is very high. Don't really see making much on resale.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
500 Posts
Agreed on near-term losses in depreciation.

But, in the long-term...after batteries replace internal combustion...most gasoline-powered performance vehicles from this era should see a rise.

An additional plus for the current TH would be if it does not continue in the next gen Alfa platform.

My guess is that because the company is moving into hybrid powerplants for their 4x4s, there may very well be a new "Trackhawk-E" with more than 707 hp. But, that's not at all what I'd be interested in.

Reactions: Jimmy N. and adamkc

·
Registered
69 Posts
As soon as you drive it off the lot, your money is going away. The only investment in a vehicle like this is for the fun. It is an awesome drive, sounds and looks great and I love mine. The gas mileage sucks but the smile on the face when the blower whines and the immediate power more then makes up for it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Gotta say, things seem to have settled in the high 60’s for the 2018’s with 20ishk miles.

It wasn’t looking like they would, as the first year or so was ugly, but things “seem” to be holding steady.

Whatever you do, don’t ask this question on FB. You’ll get a straight answer from someone and 6 guys kicking him because “what are you doing, trying to drive down values?”

There’s guys trying to sell 2018’s for near $80k still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Reading these posts is making me think that I should hang on to my low mileage '20, and maybe sell it next year instead
Or not at all, if the new platform isn't to my liking. Normally, I don't care for the newer versions of anything.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Im willing to bet we don't see the new Trackhawk until 2022. 2021 will be the year for the new GC and then 22 will prob offer the SRT edition or the new Trackhawk if they go that route again.

·
Registered
500 Posts
What was ugly (or even much different) about the 2018s?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Based on the production numbers being cut to less than half of them for 2019, I would be really surprised if we see another. This may be it for us with these. I mean, even the Durango Hellcat is just for one year only.

·
Super Moderator
1,103 Posts
Based on the production numbers being cut to less than half of them for 2019, I would be really surprised if we see another. This may be it for us with these. I mean, even the Durango Hellcat is just for one year only.
Ill be happy if they stop making TH. I want to sell mine next year I just dont fit in the lil thing. I would sell now but I am to cheap( to much in mods) and I have so much fun driving it lol.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I traded my 2018TH with over 40k miles on it last year for a better equipped 2019TH. (One of only 4 new ones left in the state at the time) I paid a little under 30k differance drive out with an extended warranty.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Used prices for 2019 and 2020 are still quite high (asking price that is) simply because they made very little of them so there are probably enough people with money burning in their pockets willing to spend top dollars for the 700 HP toy. I checked availability of used 2019-2020 on autotrader and there were literally 8 or 9 of them nationwide....you read that right....
The search for used 2019-2020 Ferrari 488 produced 3 pages of results......

You get, percentage wise, much better discount (new or used) on the other super SUVs (X5M, Cayenne Turbo, GLE AMG 63, Maserati Levante GTS, etc...) than the Trackhawk. FCA restricted supply enough that there are enough people willing to buy it with little discount.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Used prices for 2019 and 2020 are still quite high (asking price that is) simply because they made very little of them so there are probably enough people with money burning in their pockets willing to spend top dollars for the 700 HP toy. I checked availability of used 2019-2020 on autotrader and there were literally 8 or 9 of them nationwide....you read that right....
The search for used 2019-2020 Ferrari 488 produced 3 pages of results......

You get, percentage wise, much better discount (new or used) on the other super SUVs (X5M, Cayenne Turbo, GLE AMG 63, Maserati Levante GTS, etc...) than the Trackhawk. FCA restricted supply enough that there are enough people willing to buy it with little discount.
This is the the most important part about any resale discussion - basic economics of supply and demand. There are ZERO used Trackhawks for sale within a 200 mile radius of me last time I looked, therefore the price will go up with demand. They didn't make a lot of these and apparently they will stop for 2021. So I think we will see a rise in our resale value.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I paid 72K for mine (all options but DVD) with under 5K miles about a year ago. I know a guy who also paid over sticker and it boggles my mind when I think I paid 40/50K less for under 5K miles. At my price point I think resale is killer since I can get pretty close to what I paid a year ago if you account for tax credit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I live in Seattle and, currently, on the West Coast, the closest new Trackhawk available is in Sacramento....there are way less TH on sale on autotrader than Ferrari 488...only 500 made for MY 2019 and I suspect even less for MY 2020.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts