Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bout to sell my 2016 overland and step it up to an srt or better yet a trackhawk,concerned about it depreciating like a stone.any recommendations
2E1E39A9-7932-421B-9259-1AA60FE9B6D1.jpeg

·
Registered
591 Posts
TImes in the new car world are changing rapidly. And not for the better, IMO.

My supercharged crystal ball predicts that...

Within 5 years:
Peformance car fanatics will longingly look back on 2021's hottest new cars and say "why the F didn't I buy one of those when I could."

Within 10 years:
No more eight cylinder engines produced. Limited availability of sixes. A "big engine" will be 3.0 liters...or less. Most everything new will be four cylinder hybrids. Or three cyl hybrids. Or full electric. And/or sh*tty variations of the above. (Several car companies in 2021 are already developing two-cylinder passenger car engines.)

Within 15 years:
All electric, all the time. All autonomous new cars...no driver needed, or wanted. Gasoline vehicles will be penalized with high $$ use-taxes, resource-wasting fines, restricted availability of gasoline, and be outlawed from use in any city over 100,000 population.

Within 20 years:
"What's gasoline?"

My Plan:
The cars in my current garage will outlive me. I'm not selling. I don't care what the depreciation is. It literally doesn't matter if you never sell.

These days, I buy what I love to drive...and I drive them fast! My new Ferrari 812 has just shy of 800hp. 707 hp for the TH. 661 hp for my Ferrari 488. 600 hp for my Alpina B7. Three of those will legitimately do a few clicks over 200 mph. (I wish America had an autobahn...)

I don't give a sh*t about owning a Tesla, or any other electric appliance, no matter how powerful and quick they may be. Without the sound of a high performance engine, the pull through the gears, and actually "driving" a car instead of it driving me, I just don't care.

Fuel economy is not my concern. Being allowed to buy & use gasoline in the future, is.

Enjoy these last great days of the new car world, my friends. Get 'em while you can.

·
Registered
307 Posts
TImes in the new car world are changing rapidly. And not for the better, IMO.

My supercharged crystal ball predicts that...

Within 5 years:
Peformance car fanatics will longingly look back on 2021's hottest new cars and say "why the F didn't I buy one of those when I could."

Within 10 years:
No more eight cylinder engines produced. Limited availability of sixes. A "big engine" will be 3.0 liters...or less. Most everything new will be four cylinder hybrids. Or three cyl hybrids. Or full electric. And/or sh*tty variations of the above. (Several car companies in 2021 are already developing two-cylinder passenger car engines.)

Within 15 years:
All electric, all the time. All autonomous new cars...no driver needed, or wanted. Gasoline vehicles will be penalized with high $$ use-taxes, resource-wasting fines, restricted availability of gasoline, and be outlawed from use in any city over 100,000 population.

Within 20 years:
"What's gasoline?"

My Plan:
The cars in my current garage will outlive me. I'm not selling. I don't care what the depreciation is. It literally doesn't matter if you never sell.

These days, I buy what I love to drive...and I drive them fast! My new Ferrari 812 has just shy of 800hp. 707 hp for the TH. 661 hp for my Ferrari 488. 600 hp for my Alpina B7. Three of those will legitimately do a few clicks over 200 mph. (I wish America had an autobahn...)

I don't give a sh*t about owning a Tesla, or any other electric appliance, no matter how powerful and quick they may be. Without the sound of a high performance engine, the pull through the gears, and actually "driving" a car instead of it driving me, I just don't care.

Fuel economy is not my concern. Being allowed to buy & use gasoline in the future, is.

Enjoy these last great days of the new car world, my friends. Get 'em while you can.
Agree with everything here - all of these big engine cars/SUV's will be worth twice what we paid for them eventually.

BTW, you have a badass garage of toys! I can be adopted if you ever need a 40 year old son!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Trackhawk will likely go up or stay the same, since they are kind of limited production. SRT will be going down a bit because there are more of them.
2018 - ~7400 made
2019 - ~1600 made
2020 - will probably be lower than 2019 production

1 - 7 of 7 Posts