Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a trackhawk and noticed that one dealer has 3 trackhawks, all with the same options (leather, auto, black rims and 3 season tires), two black and one silver but one of the black ones MSRP is $700 lower. Anyone have any insight into this? Maybe midyear change?

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Destination charges changed a few times, the one with the lower price has been on the lot the longest.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
FCA increased the destination charges 2 or 3 times over the production year. It was across all Grand Cherokees, not just TrackHawks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
How do those prices look to you guys?
If you’re asking about their no haggle price, those are too high. These are currently selling for further off MSRP than that. I think dealers are willing to break even to get them off their lot, with some even taking losses to unload them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you’re asking about their no haggle price, those are too high. These are currently selling for further off MSRP than that. I think dealers are willing to break even to get them off their lot, with some even taking losses to unload them.
Agreed. I would find out what invoice is and offer them that if not $1K below. My dealer sold me mine at invoice and split the dealer hold-back with me which was $2,300.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
My dealership has 5 in the lot n they are not moving. If I wasn’t so picky, I’m sure I coulda picked it up cheaper but I ordered mine so I settled at MSRP but then again I ordered back in January

·
Registered
695 Posts
Here is a website that shows MSRP along with the dealer invoice price for all of the options. Use this to figure out what the invoice price is for the TH that you are interested in, then multiply that by .97, and that’s what they’re into the TH for (not including their floor plan costs for it sitting there on their lot). They get a 3% kick back, which is technically called a hold back. I wouldn’t pay a dollar over the dealer breaking even, and that’s only if it’s spec’d out exactly to how you would’ve ordered it. With the 2019 order bank open, I would use their break even cost as a ceiling of how much to pay, not a floor.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/jeep/grand-cherokee/2018/options/trackhawk/sd-AAqrzkr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts