Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and considering picking up a trackhawk to replace my 2012 Cayenne as a DD. I have plenty of other go fast toys, but I had one of the original 2006 SRT Jeeps and I'm drawn to 707 HP. I wonder why...

I've noticed there are a lot of these trucks sitting on dealer lots, most local Chicago dealers have between 2 and 5 in inventory. Are they discounting them? What kind of deals / discounts have people seen on them?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Do not pay over dealer invoice, you should be able to buy one for even less. Lots of supply and not much demand.

·
Registered
370 Posts
CARS.COM currently list 1445 available THs across the US. A target rich environment...

(571) 297-1016
Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

LOW Price example: This may not be the one you are looking for but deals are out there.

Dealer Price
$77,925
MSRP
$87,645
Price Drop! Was $78825

·
Registered
695 Posts
This was never a car that should’ve been ordered by dealers to put on their lots, I knew that before they even went on sale, it’s strange that the dealers themselves didn’t forecast this as well. They are lucky if they break even on dealer inventory units. I wonder if this means it’s a one and done model, cause it seems like it’s hard to pull the trigger on year two very soon when the dealers know better now not to order these for inventory. If the dealers won’t be buying these on spec for their inventory for year two after the year one debacle, and there’s still close to 1500 units left that haven’t found buyers yet this year...I don’t know, maybe it’s a one and done model. I think FCA botched this, they should’ve made these more exclusive with a limited production number, then they would’ve been more in demand, which makes pulling the trigger on a year two model run a much easier decision. IF they had spread out the number they built this year over a two year run, then maybe the dealers wouldn’t have gotten smoked, they probably would’ve been able to move their inventory for some sort of profit. Just my two cents rubbed together to opine on the matter...

What does everyone else think...year two or one and done?

·
Registered
502 Posts
What you just said makes a lot of sense.

But, since we're in this situation right now, I'd like it to be one and done. Would definitely help with resale values down the road.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Nope, there will definitely be a year two. FCA doesn't really care if the dealers over ordered, that's on the dealer.

Every one that rolled off the assembly line was paid for and FCA made their money. Lots of money when compared to lower end models.

They would have no reason not to continue to offer them, even if the dealers order less the second year. There are only a few parts that are exclusive to the TH, (trans / drive parts) and it is very likely that they have 100X over recouped their investment into those already so every single one sold in 2019 is money in the bank.

To the OP, yes, deals can be had, 1-2% under invoice is easy to find with a handful out there even less. In fact, since order banks will open for the 2019 models soon, you might consider waiting, as that COULD push the offers on the 2018 models even lower.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked for several months for my Trackhawk, I found some dealers willing to work on the pricing and others were still over MSRP and not willing to budge. I ended up picking one up from the Seattle area for $8,700 below MSRP. It was the best deal I could find within 1500 miles from home.

I also think that the sheer number of them sitting on lots is not a good thing, I would have to believe its going to be one and done.

Sean

·
Registered
695 Posts
I looked for several months for my Trackhawk, I found some dealers willing to work on the pricing and others were still over MSRP and not willing to budge. I ended up picking one up from the Seattle area for $8,700 below MSRP. It was the best deal I could find within 1500 miles from home.

I also think that the sheer number of them sitting on lots is not a good thing, I would have to believe its going to be one and done.

Sean
Dealers still asking over MSRP right now for these are completely delusional, and need to have their head examined.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Anyone come across a demon while searching for a trackhawk.... ya know... just cause im curious..... =D
A friend of mine has one for sale, $114K... :surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yea i cant pay like 30k over sticker =D i paid 2k under for my jeep... And i was one of the first pre orders they had! lol

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
FYI, its not a one and done...

Order Banks for the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk opened today....

Base MSRP: $86,350
Base Invoice: $82,123

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
FYI, its not a one and done...

Order Banks for the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk opened today....

Base MSRP: $86,350
Base Invoice: $82,123
Colors available:

BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
BRIGHT WHITE CLEAR COAT
DIAMOND BLACK CRYSTAL P/C
GRANITE CRYSTAL MET. CLEAR COAT
GREEN METALLIC CLEAR COAT (Late Availability)
IVORY 3 COAT
REDLINE 2 COAT PEARL
SLATE BLUE PEARL COAT (Late Availability)
STING-GRAY CLEAR COAT (Late Availability)
VELVET RED PEARL COAT

·
Registered
502 Posts
Anyone know a list of equipment and options for the 2019s?

I'd assume that other than color, and a couple of minor equipment tweaks, the '19s will be identical to the '18s.

If FCA were smart they'd do some sort of special edition, with the equipment that we all say we miss from the GC SRT...adaptive headlights, power folding mirrors, another wheel choice. And a numbered plaque.

Other thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
I doubt they will change much other than colors. Lower trim models are getting new wheels but don't even expect that for the SRT or TrackHawk...

Does look like they are getting new radios though with a flush mount design:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts