Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received StainlessWorks headers (their part no. JEEP1862HOR which is the 3" offroad lead pipes) and am waiting for Borla Type S exhaust which is actually backordered till end of the month. Does anyone know if the check engine light will come on and if the computer will need to be reprogrammed to fool the sensors???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In that case might as well go balls out and unleash the beast. Anyone have any suggestions to direction I should take it to?? Currently will be doing the oil catch can, will do the headers with borla exhaust and was thinking of doing DDR intake but was told they don't have a design for 2019 TH yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Most people that have done headers seem to regret it. I hear there’s negligible gain and it’s generally one of the last mods people do because of the expensive to power gained. There’s a few vendors on this forum that can help you out. Livernois has multiple packages that will give you an idea of what needs to be done. I’m not promoting livernois specifically, they just list their packages with all the parts on their website.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome! As Hemi suggests, there are several options for modifications but probably the most commonly purchased packages are pulley/tune/cai. If you are over the risk to lose your warranty then you should definitely look to get more power with a upper pulley/lower pulley/injectors/cai setup!

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
In that case might as well go balls out and unleash the beast. Anyone have any suggestions to direction I should take it to?? Currently will be doing the oil catch can, will do the headers with borla exhaust and was thinking of doing DDR intake but was told they don't have a design for 2019 TH yet.
yup headers are more top end speed. the power to $ is not worth it IMO. the borla exhaust will make it sound cool but no power.
if you want power do the tried and true pulleys and tune. of coarse CAI injectors E85 etc etc I guess it depends what you are going for?
I have no local Mopar tuners around so it made sense to go Livernois S1025 package plus CAI. I have some great installers and loaded the S1025 tune couldn't be happier.
If you have a LEGIT tuner you dont need to go that direction but make sure the tuner is good

·
Registered
210 Posts
Removing the cats is the best bang for the $ in the exhaust system....more power, more sound....as long as you can get it smogged…..I live in AL and there is no annual testing requirements so it makes it easy...….

1 - 10 of 10 Posts