Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a recall, U44, that states some 2018 Trackhawks have faulty FOBs that prevent reaching full engine potential. Your experience with this would be appreciated.
We are recommending the following improvements be performed on certain 2018 Model Year Jeep®Grand Cherokee Trackhawk vehicles equipped with a 6.2L Supercharged Engine The key fobs
/FOBIK (Frequency Operated Button with Integrated Key)
on your vehicle may have been built with the incorrect electrical circuit board.
This issue can prevent your engine from performing to its maximum designed potential.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It only helps if you weren't getting all the power you were supposed to from the factory. Many of the faulty fobs resulted in the display on the performance pages/modes showing up as a "yellow" engine. The engine should always show up as red. So if you have a "red" engine in the display, then you're good to go.

Better yet, do a standing start, honest 0-60 run. Even in 90^F heat, you should be in the 3.5-3.6 range. If you are, you're good. It isn't going to be magically faster than that with a fob change when its the middle of the summer in many areas of the country. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It only helps if you weren't getting all the power you were supposed to from the factory. Many of the faulty fobs resulted in the display on the performance pages/modes showing up as a "yellow" engine. The engine should always show up as red. So if you have a "red" engine in the display, then you're good to go.

Better yet, do a standing start, honest 0-60 run. Even in 90^F heat, you should be in the 3.5-3.6 range. If you are, you're good. It isn't going to be magically faster than that with a fob change when its the middle of the summer in many areas of the country. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Thank you so much! My best 0-60 on level ground is 4.2. I just checked the display, and the image of my engine is YELLOW in all modes, including Track. Should the engine appear red in Auto mode? Is the yellow engine performing like Valet mode?
I have an appointment on 22August to have the recall addressed. That will be my 51st birthday, and a 0-60 under 4sec will be the best gift! I will update after repair. Cheers.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Your engine should _always_ be in RED regardless of the mode. So yes, you are down on power. The key fob resolution will fix your issue. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Pretty sure the engine is green in eco mode but the rest of the modes should be red.
Thanks for the clarification... never checked it in that mode. I have used it once in my 4 months of ownership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine show red, except in snow mode where it is yellow.
Mike

Reactions: RhinoTrackhawk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Your engine should _always_ be in RED regardless of the mode. So yes, you are down on power. The key fob resolution will fix your issue. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
I believe if you are in “Auto” mode with “Eco” on the engine will not be in red. Hit the Eco button off in Auto mode and the engine should go red.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Where exactly are you guys seeing this "red" or "yellow" engine? I looked in the Performance Pages and went to the "Engine" tab, and I cannot tell what part of the reading you guys are referring to. Anyone have a screenshot they can post up?

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
At the top left of the performance page you should see drive modes. Press that or press the custom button by the drive mode selector knob and it should pop up. Let me know if you can’t find it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Characteristics of a bad key FOB

The photo entirely yellow is seen in the performance pages - this is Auto and the engine should appear red. I'm waiting on new FOBS, and I've never seen a red engine. The second photo is in Eco mode and the engine appears green. I'm looking forward to updating progress after the new FOBS arrive. If your TH has a yellow engine, let your service manager know, or Jeep will require inspection before authorizing, and they may not be in stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
The second launch today was 3.2 with an empty tank. Flat road, 83deg. Sick. I suspect a 3,000 mi. “break in” may be good. My backup camera didn’t work this morning, but was fine driving home. I loved the car when it was in permanent Snow mode.
Today. I just hit a 3.3 with 75 degree weather. Over 3k miles. It’s the best 0-60 I have done so far. This was with launch control set at 1800 RPM and custom settings. Everything in custom settings is in race mode besides the suspension I kept on street mode to transfer power .

Also, when you customize your preferred settings realize that it does not take traction control off like it automatically does in Track mode. I manually turn traction control off. Slight wheel spin on my Trackhawk gets the best time with launch control.

I’m thinking your 3.2 has to be the best a stock Trackhawk could do. Awesome time especially when Jeep advertises a 3.5 0-60. I like it when manufacturers are conservative on their times.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Read the entry right above your question. A few people have recommended the same setttings. If you really want to improve those times, put drag radials on. Tires are ALWAYS the (well almost) best way to drop time. Or you can find a spot that’s slightly down hill, that’ll shave some time too. IMO, don’t get too caught up with times unless u are racing competitively, just enjoy the G forces. Same goes for trying to see 700hp displayed. I’ve had the same talk with other Evo owners. People want to see 500hp at the wheel but peak hp doesn’t mean much on a street car. The drivability is so much more important but that’s a turbo powered setup on a 2.0L 4 banger and a whole different approach to making power.
Enjoy your ride
Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts