5 dodge ram long horns
1 Dodge Caravan
1 Jeep Compass
1 Dodge Promaster 3500 Xl
1 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
1 Grand Cherokee SRT
1 Grand Cherokee Track Hawk
4 Dodge Promaster Cities
These are the FCA products that I have bought from the same salesperson at the same dealer since 2013! FCA agreed to terms for my lemon track hawk in early October and have been telling me since then that I would have a turn in date with a check within 2 to 3 weeks. It is almost 5 months now, with the same bs excuse that checks this large require more approvals and will take 7-14 business days. Supposedly the transport company has had the file since November 3rd and told me then it would be 7-14 days for checks to come in. Today their "update" are the same exact words! Never again will I buy a FCA product due to the way they are dragging this on. They do not care about their customers or their reputation. I know there are a few others on here that have been through the same thing.
If you are on the fence whether or not to buy a track hawk, I would say not to. Maybe you will get lucky and not have a problem, but if you are unlucky like me and many others, you will have nothing but problems and they will not resolve them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think the Trackhawk, like with any first model production year, that there are a small number of people that experience problems. They have sold thousands of Trackhawks. I wish I had a number. But looking at forums only a few have problems. I’m actually impressed considering the performance how reliable they are.

Sucks that you have issues and it’s dragging out but I don’t think that “if you want to buy one, don’t” is good advice. Their are a few people with very significant problems, like you have. But really it is very few people.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sucks. Hate when anyone gets jerked around like that without any real repercussions.

Best of luck. Don’t blame you for abandoning them after a situation like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the Trackhawk, like with any first model production year, that there are a small number of people that experience problems. They have sold thousands of Trackhawks. I wish I had a number. But looking at forums only a few have problems. I’m actually impressed considering the performance how reliable they are.

Sucks that you have issues and it’s dragging out but I don’t think that “if you want to buy one, don’t” is good advice. Their are a few people with very significant problems, like you have. But really it is very few people.

There are more than a few people with problems with this build. It is not an excuse that it is a first year production. If your product is not ready to sell, then don't sell it. At 100k I should not be a guinea pig. If your customers do have a problem then rectify it. If you agree to take a lemon back, then do it! My point still stands that if they don't care about a client who purchased 15 trucks in a 5 year span they certainly don't care about a guy who just buys a track hawk.

On another note, they are slashing prices on Track Hawks, so not sure how many they actually sold.

·
Registered
267 Posts
jeep and FCA are famous internationally for the abysmal customer service and corporate incompetence. ask an Australian.

Reactions: Trackhawkdown

·
Banned
362 Posts
I've had 2 GC SRT's and now a TH. I almost waited on buying a TH since it was a first year model but I took the chance. So far I've been lucky and I've never had to take any of them in for anything. I also avoid recalls since in my experience "ALL" dealers tend to break something if you let them fix anything. I learned a long time ago that very few companies (and no auto makers) care about their customers.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your TH.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Almost 7500 were produced and at the end of the year only a few hundred could be found unsold.

I do sympathize with you and would almost definitely feel the same way if I were in your shoes. In a world of instant communication, most major brands (in almost all industries) are not doing a good job of keeping up with expectations.

I too would likely write off the brand all together and do hope you find a brand that is more fitting for your needs.

I will disagree on a large # of problems though, again 7500 were produced and considering its a lot more common with people with issues to speak up than those without, it is likely the overall failure rate is relatively low.

A lot of speculation here though, 2018 warranty repair numbers aren't out yet. Previous years, FCA repair rates were on par with most other major brands though so I don't expect a major change for 2018.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Mechanical parts fail, that’s unavoidable with any brand.

It’s certainly not a widespread problem.

That said, 1 car or 20, doesn’t matter, we all matter the same, which amounts to almost nothing. With millions of customers a year, they won’t ever show special attention because you buy a car or two a year. Unrealistic.

With that said, what they’re doing to you would make me bat **** insane, it’s ridiculous

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mechanical parts fail, that’s unavoidable with any brand.

It’s certainly not a widespread problem.

That said, 1 car or 20, doesn’t matter, we all matter the same, which amounts to almost nothing. With millions of customers a year, they won’t ever show special attention because you buy a car or two a year. Unrealistic.

With that said, what they’re doing to you would make me bat **** insane, it’s ridiculous

From what I have seen it is a larger % of TH owners with some kind of problem than normal. Mechanical parts fail? At time of delivery my car had bad struts! 15 cars in under 5 years is not a small number of cars. Granted it is not a fleet, but they agreed the car is a lemon, set the conditions and there is no reason for them to drag their feet and not just take the car and write a check.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Again, nearly 8k units were built so I’m not sure how you can come to the conclusion there is a problem with a trackhawk development.

My struts have been fine for 17k miles and they the same parts on your TH. Like I said, mechanical parts fail, even right out of the box. Parts I’ll add, FCA likely didn’t manufacture.

And again, I agree, they are handling your situation horribly, but 15 cars over 5 years nothing to FCA. It’ll probably mean a whole lot more to the dealer who sold them to you, but not FCA as a whole.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Very disappointing to here anything negative about the greatest platform that FCA has created.

Being that I talk with a lot of the TrackHawk and Hellcat owners I have actually had some customers that had issues with there vehicle and FCA reached out to them and made things correct some even got taken back and the customer got a new vehicle. Have you reached out to FCA or just dealing with your dealer sometimes that seems to be a key thing.

I hope that everything ends up working out in a timely manner for the op and he can still retain the brotherhood.

Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting thread. I joined this forum to research before buying and I am starting to think I may not buy the TrackHawk. Still deciding.....

Typically I buy the car and then join a forum. Had a CTS-V for less than 2 years. Paid $109,000 and drove it putting 5200 miles on. Due to the transmission shudder I sold it. I too do not want to take my cars to the dealer too many bad reviews. Do my own work (not a professional mechanic), I have a lift and most of the tools to do maintenance.

Chryslers I have owned, purchased from the same dealer:
1 Prowler
1 Viper
1 300M
2 300C's
3 Sebring Convertibles (Wife's)
1 GC Overland
2 GC Summit's

Thinking hard about the future....

·
Registered
582 Posts
The guys who purchase cars and never take them back to the dealerships for any reason don’t make threads about that situation.

Situations like this, while unfortunate for the owners, are relative to the overall numbers, not post numbers on a forum.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If Trackhawks were for the most part “lemons” you would see a lot more people on here complaining. It really sucks that a few people have had lemons, but it really is a “few people”. I’d bet 99% of the owners on here love their Hawks and have no issues. I’m one...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Based on your user name you joined this site with the intention to complain about your TH...Sorry you are having so many issues and hope you get them resolved. I have almost 9,000 miles on my TH and loving it..

·
Registered
92 Posts
If Trackhawks were for the most part “lemons” you would see a lot more people on here complaining. It really sucks that a few people have had lemons, but it really is a “few people”. I’d bet 99% of the owners on here love their Hawks and have no issues. I’m one...
I wish I were one of them. 35+ days at the dealer, four attempts (all fails) to fix the issues and nothing. I kept Jeep Wave/SRT Hotline informed of every visit and have case numbers. My arbitration hearing is next month with FCA. Cut and dry, from a lemon law perspective. I even asked them to replace my TH instead of buying me out, yet they are so incompetent, they don't even respond. All I wanted was a good TH.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had plans to purchase a new Trackhawk next month. Reading this makes me nervous.

Can you please be specific as to what the problems are with the TH and any paper work you can share in this forum. Sorry and Thank you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yea seriously man for all we know your complaining of a squeaking sunroof or something and you have a low grade service center that can't fix the problem, or doesn't even recognize an issue. as noted, your profile name is at the least a self fulfilling prophecy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i had plans to purchase a new Trackhawk next month. Reading this makes me nervous.

Can you please be specific as to what the problems are with the TH and any paper work you can share in this forum. Sorry and Thank you.
Yes. It was the sunroof TSB (Creaking, Groaning, Squeaking) issue. It wasn’t just loud, it was incredibly loud...over the radio loud and sounded like something was snapping when I drove it. Minor squeaks? No problem. This was a brutal one. I’ll give the dealership credit in that they didn’t deny it was loud. Others have managed to get it fixed. I wasn’t so lucky. I’m hoping TH #2 doesn’t have the issue that this one does. I wouldn’t be on the fence if I were you. It is incredible to drive, and I’m definitely in on a second one. Like I said, I was one of the unlucky ones. It happens, but to think it’s widespread is probably wrong.

BloodyHH, I’ve read your post three times. I still can’t understand it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts