Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the car today and only have a little over 100 miles on it, one thing I have noticed is that on coming to a stop sometimes it drops into first with a slight jerk. Is that normal?

·
Banned
362 Posts
On occasions, I have "felt" some downshifts to be more noticeable than "normal". It doesn't happen often and I'm not sure what conditions cause it but I've noticed it with my SRT's. Now that you mention it, I haven't felt it in the TH yet, but I've only drove it about 4k miles so far.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't think its anything to worry about on a car with 100 miles on it. As with any car its going to take awhile before you recognize its shifting patterns and the ways to best make use of them. I recall some awkward shifts in my old SRT now and then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can't STAND the 2-1 downshift. Mine can't make up it's mind what it wants to do. "Stopping" at a stop sign to turn right(like who REALLY comes to a complete stop) half way through the turn it'll shift from 2 to 1. It's annoying as ****.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had similar issues with my SRT, the sudden thump during stops, was quite jarring initially. I took it in to my dealership and had a long chat with the level 3 tech and the service manager. Subsequently they reflashed the software and reinstalled all the associated modules. One hour procedure and everything was good.

I wouldn’t say it has completely disappeared but it is definitely more acceptable now. I’m just 200 miles into my TH and I might just go the same route after the break in period.

The transmission is very intuitive and picks up your driving patterns/habits down the line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts