Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone compare the values between the two? Just did a pull and PP says 3.0 seconds, Dragy is saying 3.6. I know I’m struggling to not over drive these tires but that seems like a huge difference. Curious if anyone else has seen this. Haven’t been near my 1/4 test spot lately to check on those times and I’m not gonna do 130+ near my house. Going to order TPMS sensors for the drag radials I picked up and get them mounted. That oughta help get me off the line.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Weather permitting, we are planning a private track day at Raceway Park next Thursday. I will be able to report some accurate results then.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have done testing mostly with my vbox against the PP times. Generally, the vbox #s with 1 ft roll out are within .1s and 1 mph of the PP. my buddy also used his dragy for a couple of runs. If you use the 1 ft roll out #s on the dragy, it is on par with the PP.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Good to know. A foot of roll-out is a big deal.

With roll-out, it's not technically a ZERO to 60. It's more like TWO to 60. Thus the difference in ETs.

So, if we're trying to learn the actual 0-60 time, you need to use the no roll-out setting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good to know. A foot of roll-out is a big deal.

With roll-out, it's not technically a ZERO to 60. It's more like TWO to 60. Thus the difference in ETs.

So, if we're trying to learn the actual 0-60 time, you need to use the no roll-out setting.
But most US car magazines use the 1ft roll out in their published acceleration tests. So if you are comparing to those times it makes sense compare apples to apples. Some mags also weather correct the data as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone compare the values between the two? Just did a pull and PP says 3.0 seconds, Dragy is saying 3.6. I know I’m struggling to not over drive these tires but that seems like a huge difference. Curious if anyone else has seen this. Haven’t been near my 1/4 test spot lately to check on those times and I’m not gonna do 130+ near my house. Going to order TPMS sensors for the drag radials I picked up and get them mounted. That oughta help get me off the line.

I’m still consistently seeing about an entire second more on the Dragy v the PP.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’m still consistently seeing about an entire second more on the Dragy v the PP.
Have you changed your wheels and tires, changing your overall tire height? If you are using a shorter tire height, it is probably resulting in a "quicker" PP time since it may be looking at tire rotation in coming up with the speed.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you changed your wheels and tires, changing your overall tire height? If you are using a shorter tire height, it is probably resulting in a "quicker" PP time since it may be looking at tire rotation in coming up with the speed.
It’s a tire slipping issue. I’m having difficulty not spinning until around 60 or so and that throws the PP off. I just need some practice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts