Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have about 14000 miles on the jeep now and started to hear a ticking from the back. It would speed up and slow down with the vehicle. Took it To jeep today and they thought maybe it was the rear wheels or even the exhaust. Nope, took the heat shield off from in the center under the jeep where the drive shaft is. Come to find out, it was completely bolted on wrong from the factory. Attached Are is some pictures of the right and lift side of the drive shaft where is should be bolted. One is bolted correctly and the other isn’t. They are ordering me a new one from factory and will hopefully install it correctly now lol. Be careful!! Y’all may want to check this...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Lol, and they want 100k for this quality??? Good luck man, they won’t even look at my fuel pump issue because I modified

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m saying! It’s BS. Spending this much on a vehicle and having problems like this, especially from The factory.

·
Registered
655 Posts
UhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhWTF!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Must have been a Friday build.
How does that not get caught before leaving the plant. quality control, first to go when there’s any budget cuts.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, blocka. I always put a new vehicle up on the lift to check things (including fluids), but now I know to expect finding more than normal.
Especially if mine's build date turns out to be January 2, which it might be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts