Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
391 Posts
Meh. The Challenger is plenty heavy, the 'Hawk heavier yet, and the Durango must weigh even more.
If it had 900-1,000 hp, and I needed a large car, maybe...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do like the front end of the Durango, but I'm a Jeep fan - always liked the look and style of the GC TH better. If no TH was offered, I'd get a Durango HC, though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it could be "most powerful" by way of marketing....now we just need a redeye TH ! 3.5 vs. 3.5 - - !

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think they are also quoting an 11.5 1/4 mile time for the Durango Hellcat....which is .1 faster than what they claimed for the Trackhawk. I have no need for a 7 seater, so I am more than happy with my Trackhawk.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't see how the Durango could accelerate quicker than a TH. The extra weight and only 3 more hp (which is probably just marketing hype, not an actual change) doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also like the badges - but as nice as the front end is, the back-end no good - minivan-esque.

Bigger question - any intel on final year Jeep GC TH?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't see how the Durango could accelerate quicker than a TH. The extra weight and only 3 more hp (which is probably just marketing hype, not an actual change) doesn't make sense.
BINGO - Somebody finally hit it. They are obviously going a little over the top to promote the Durango. We'll see what happens when they go head to head in stock form a little later on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
They might pick up the three horses simply by straightening out the current pinched exhaust pipe that is on the stock TH system.
This was also posted in an article:

“Another notable difference is the exhaust. The Durango gets a unique 260-millimeter crossover for its X-pipe exhaust system. This helps to better equalize the exhaust pressure coming from each bank of cylinders -- and it also gives the Durango Hellcat an even meaner sound than the Trackhawk, if you can believe it.”

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My point is the marketing play will be "most powerful" with the 710 vs 707. Regardless, 707 way cooler - that or 808. I really want to see a red-eye TH or at least a differentiated last edition

·
Banned
362 Posts
11.5 in the 1/4 and 0-60 in 3.5???? Heck I'm not going to buy a slower car... I've alrady done 11.2 in the 1/4 and 0-60 in 3 sec's flat in my stock TH's.

Now with that said, I do like the looks of the hood scoop on the Durango and I have thought about getting one for my TH.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts